Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kickstand down switch

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 08:51 AM
RoadKingHellas
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and the thing is that I can now operate the bike - I went for a half an hour ride with no issues but the error message and engine light is there.
I have only connected the ground cable with the one from the sensor without connecting anywhere the red/white which is powered by the ECM .
Even if you dont connect these cable still you can operate the bike but getting the sidestand error...

Old 11-20-2011, 09:04 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Kickstand Switch?

Originally Posted by Pufferman
All years. You'll hear the audible scrape alarm when you make your first left turn. LOL
09 Road King here. NO SWITCH on my bike.

to the "audible scrape alarm"

Old 11-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Nice to hear you sorted it out! Enjoy, and you can clear the error when you get the new switch. Thanks for posting how to connect. Might be usefull for someone on future.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:42 AM
RoadKingHellas
Cruiser

the question is if I can avoid buying the switch (not have a switch at all) by finding a way to clear the error and engine light ...

any more ideas ? - something you need to do with the red/white cable which connects/powered by the ECM ?

Old 11-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RoadKingHellas
the question is if I can avoid buying the switch (not have a switch at all) by finding a way to clear the error and engine light ...

any more ideas ? - something you need to do with the red/white cable which connects/powered by the ECM ?
My guess is you would have to solder in a resistor (what value?) to dupe the ECM in thinking the sidestand is up ... I don't think it is a simple on/off thing. Specially since it is also connected to other sensors in the same loop ...

Don't know, wonder how the plug is capped on the US domestic models. I'm sure the harness is the same up to the plug where you plug in the switch. Or else the dealer should be able to turn it off with his "Digital Technician"

Last edited by Rakthi; 11-21-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:51 AM
RoadKingHellas
Cruiser

Hi all,

short update :

The good news is that the new switch arrived yesterday , the bad news is that I did not kept a wirring digram thus I dont know which cable to connect. Iam saying this because I removed the plastic connectors so I need to connect the cables directly.

So Red/white from ECM side connects to which color ? wire from Jiffy stand sensor
Green/Brown connects to which color ? wire from Jiffy stand sensor
Black/Green connects to which color ? wire from Jiffy stand sensor

Old 11-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior

Red/White connects to Red
Green/Brown connects to White
Black/Green connects to Black

Hope you sort it all out, and make sure those connections you make are water proof!

Old 11-24-2011, 08:47 AM
RoadKingHellas
Cruiser

man thanks !
I let you know how it went

Old 11-24-2011, 12:21 PM
HDUK
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My kickstand switch got water inside the connection box whilst out on a ride bad design where the connector is in front of the engine and kept cutting the engine out all the way home throwing up error codes so cleaned it with wd40 and covered it with insulation tape cleared the codes and not had any problems with it since

And if you do try put it in gear with the stand down the engine will cut out and can be a bitch to start afterwards

Old 11-28-2011, 02:42 PM
RoadKingHellas
Cruiser

Rakthi,

Everything went fine, new switch operates normal again - Thanks once more for your valuable input

John

Quick Reply: Kickstand down switch