Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 fatboy wheel help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011 | 06:56 PM
rgabrieljune
|
6th Gear
Default 2007 fatboy wheel help

I have a fatboy and thinking bout changing the wheels my buddy has some 2011 sg mag wheels has anybody done this before or does anybody if it can be done

Old 10-16-2011 | 08:30 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Something to remember is that the Street Glide wheels have a dual-front brake rotor setup, which means the hubs are different, or you have to get a new fork to mount a second brake on to. The size of the axle i believe is also different (by a few thousanths of an inch), and you'd need new spacers.. anything is possible with a big enough hammer and a deep wallet though.

Old 10-16-2011 | 11:25 PM
rgabrieljune
|
6th Gear

or can i put a sg front end on the fatboy and still use the rims and the dual breaks

Old 10-17-2011 | 03:50 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior

It's a Fatboy!... just buy different wheels ..... Harley wheels are so old fashioned there boring ZZZZZZZZ

Old 10-17-2011 | 06:18 AM
30glock
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley
It's a Fatboy!... just buy different wheels ..... Harley wheels are so old fashioned there boring ZZZZZZZZ
Agree, they are boring, and the wind push on these solid wheels is driving me crazy. It feels as if I'm on ice. Currently in the market for wheels, any sugestion or good deals advise is appreciated.

Old 10-17-2011 | 09:03 AM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley

Not all Fatboy HD wheels are boring.........I have HD Blades on my 07 Fatboy and I get complements about them all the time. I think Harley has some great looking wheels.

Attached Thumbnails 2007 fatboy wheel help-2007-fatboy_wheel.jpg  
Old 10-17-2011 | 01:16 PM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior

STLFLSTF ..... I am glad you like your wheels horses for courses and all that .... but i stand by my statement Harley Make fabulous bikes otherwise we would not be here but and here's the BUT ..... their wheels are boring friday afternoon designs their philosophy is simple .... keep em round and keep em cost effective there are wheels in the market place that blow them out the water for design and i figure on a personal level if i got a Harley i aint putting Miss Daisy wheels on my ride!

Old 10-17-2011 | 01:21 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer

I personally hate the wind drift from the fatboy solids myself, when my tire warranty expires I will be going with a set of Ride Wrights. Can't go wrong with a set of the Fat 50's

Old 10-17-2011 | 02:43 PM
NorCal Dog
Road Master

i'm having my fatty wheels cut & chromed

a fatty just ain't a fatty without solids

spokes are for all the others

Old 10-17-2011 | 02:50 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer

Originally Posted by NorCal Dog
i'm having my fatty wheels cut & chromed

a fatty just ain't a fatty without solids

spokes are for all the others
My fatboy don't look like much of a fatboy anymore anyway, I think the spoke front will complete the look. The wind drift sucks when you are doin 70 down the highway and it is slightly more breezy than normal. Bike starts to go all over the place. Does not help either with big azz apes on them. lol

Quick Reply: 2007 fatboy wheel help