Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New deuce rider w sore legs looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006 | 08:11 PM
Xenarchi
|
Advanced
Default New deuce rider w sore legs looking for advice

Ok I have ridden about 200 miles on my new bike and my inner thighs are sore when I get off. Will moving the controls forward help? A new seat maybe? Or is it something I will get used to. I am 5' 10 with 30 inch inseam. The forward control extensions I have seen say they work for riders 6'3" and over.

Old 11-26-2006 | 08:42 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Default RE: New deuce rider w sore legs looking for advice

It sounds like the front end of the seat is too wide for you. If that's true then pushing the controls farther forward is probably going to make your problem worse not better.
I would first make sure what exactly is causing the irritation and then address the issue.
Do a little investigating and see if it is the seat. If so, there are a couple of guys around here that have had their stock seats modified to fit them better, and are very happy with the results.

Old 11-26-2006 | 10:11 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

I had the same problem. Feels like your feet are going to slip off the sides of the pegs, and you are fighting to keep your feet in position.
The solution is simple.
J&P cycles offers a tab that inserts in your footpeg mount that slightly tilts your pegs up and in a bit. That takes a lot of pressure off of your inner thigh. Costs a couple of bucks.
A nice set of heel rests also help.
The J&P web site is down right now, so I'll post the part number when it's back up.

Old 11-26-2006 | 10:30 PM
WaterHog
Road Captain

I don’t have this problem with my Deuce. I’m 5'11" 32 inseam; it seems to me that if your inner thighs are sore moving the controls away from you may make it worse.
I would check into a seat since the OEM seat on the Deuce is not made for a 3 hour ride.

Old 11-26-2006 | 11:26 PM
Xenarchi
|
Advanced

I have the heel rests now. It's like the bike feels too narrow and I am trying to pull my legs in close to the tank. Maybe just that I'm not used to it yet.

Old 11-26-2006 | 11:43 PM
1deuce3
Cruiser

I never had that problem, before or after installing PM forward controls which push them 2" forward. I am 6'0 tall.

Old 11-27-2006 | 12:09 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

Its like riding a horse.

You will get past it. I have the same problem when it first gets cold and I put my chaps on... They catch the wind a little better, and my legs have to beef up just a bit to hold in place.

I wouldn't do anything drastic yet. Just give it a few weeks and see first.
I have a 30" as well, but am 6'02.

Old 11-27-2006 | 12:28 AM
rlj2
Intermediate

Took me about a month before i could ride comfortable for long periods. Backend and legs would get sore.
Still have a problem with my neck... helmet,nohelmet, windshield,etc doesnt seem to matter, gonna be real sore
after a long ride.

Old 11-27-2006 | 12:57 AM
pro1955
Road Captain

I'm 5'10" and rode a bike with lower control extensions, couldn't keep my feet on the pegs. I don't think that's the answer.

Old 11-27-2006 | 04:47 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...2-B6C068BC1AA0

I installed these on my brand new bike. They took a lot of stress off of my thighs. The new angle is very unnoticeable, but effective.

Quick Reply: New deuce rider w sore legs looking for advice