Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm NOT selling my Fatboy...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 06:51 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I'm NOT selling my Fatboy...

Just wanted to put that out there, lol. We've been losing some good fellas to the geezer glides, but at least they are staying on Harleys.

I got too much blood, sweat and tears in mine to let her go...for now. Never say never though. Although a pimped out SG with some tunes and a 23" wheel is tempting. Anyway, have fun fellas, don't forget to stop in and show off the new rides.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice ride. The apes got balance and flow.

I am not a fan of apes on fatboys. IMO apes need spokes to feel like it belongs on a FB.

Last edited by Josewales; 10-11-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

yep, Nice looking fatboy.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:19 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by WARG
Just wanted to put that out there, lol. We've been losing some good fellas to the geezer glides, but at least they are staying on Harleys.

I got too much blood, sweat and tears in mine to let her go...for now. Never say never though. Although a pimped out SG with some tunes and a 23" wheel is tempting. Anyway, have fun fellas, don't forget to stop in and show off the new rides.
Agreed! I'd rather push my Fatboy than ride a Geezer Glide. If it ever comes to the point where I need to carry that much **** with me, it's time to stop riding and stay home.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:22 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh you will get a touring bike, it's just when? Do like I did, pay one of and then get another that offsets the first one. This way you have the best of both worlds, but it dosen't do much for the retirement plan. Glad to see your keeping it, I think your bikes sweet.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Eric The Welder
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think most HD guys go sportster - big twin - bagger over the course of many years. i did it backwards kinda. i went dyna - sportster - vrod - bagger all in Two years!!

but i still have and LOVE my sporty, and i LOVE my SG.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:54 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Oh you will get a touring bike, it's just when? Do like I did, pay one of and then get another that offsets the first one. This way you have the best of both worlds, but it dosen't do much for the retirement plan. Glad to see your keeping it, I think your bikes sweet.
The fatty is paid for, which is one main reason I'm keeping her, but I promised myself a tourer for my 40th birthday. Only six years to go...

Old 10-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Originally Posted by WARG
don't forget to stop in and show off the new rides.
Ok, then!

For me, its like a touring Heritage.

Reworked the back end, fishtails, bunch of chrome. 14" apes go on just prior to spring, with all the control chrome as well.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Eric The Welder
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever you do, don't let anyone else make up your mind for you!

I sold my dyna, I really wanted a road glide or a street glide. But everyone said, dude your only 32, you don't need no bagger. So I went and bought a vrod. Hated it after 3 days. Sold it 3 weeks later. At least I made $300 off it. Lol.

Then I bought an ultra that had been dropped dirtcheap. Fixed it up and stripped it down to a SG. Now I have what I wanted all along!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hell, Im just 33, but I dont want to grandpa looking Glide. LOL, I wanna glide, but I wanna put my touch on it. 23 or 26 up front, drop seat 3 inch, etc. But its gonna look **** in time.

Quick Reply: I'm NOT selling my Fatboy...