Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UH OH! The Deluxe is probably going to get replaced.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default UH OH! The Deluxe is probably going to get replaced.

I went to the dealer on Saturday and I made an offer on a Big Blue Pearl Street Glide. They said I was a little off....I said THEY were a little off. I got a call from the sales guy I was working with and he said to come in tonight and they are going to make the deal work.

SO..... I think I'm gonna make the jump. I like my Deluxe, but every time I see a SG, I lust after it....bad. I'd have to spend a lot more money on my Deluxe to get it where I want it (Shotgun Shock, chrome front end, Fat Daddy 50s with new tires, lo profile dash....etc...) If I spend $5K on it, I will still want a SG.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:03 PM
11FXS
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Big Blue Pearl on the SG is a great color....plus you upgrade to the 103 too..sounds like a great plan.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:18 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Once bitten U'll never forget it, All I can say is Go for it.
Son loves his and U will love Urs too.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:01 PM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrat's one style of Harley to another ..... Like the Glide but not in a hurry to change ... Funny old game bikes,in England your hard pushed to see anything much over a road king and they are rare let alone what you might call the big tourers Ultra's , Street Glide's , and as for Road Glides forget it ....

Old 10-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Miked053
Supporter

I understand the feeling. When I got the Lo I was also taken by a street glide but I couldnt ignore then fact that I was just floored by the Lo. Maybe one of these days a SG will be in the cards but I love the Lo too much to let her go just yet

Old 10-11-2011, 01:20 PM
ElJayBird
Advanced

My dad rides an SG and I steal it from him on the weekends from time to time. It's definitely a lot more comfortable than my Deluxe for sure. If you've hit that point in your life where a set of clubs is more attractive than a pigskin or a pair of running shoes, then I guess a bagger is the next logical step. Welcome to your new paradigm, old-timer. ;o)

Old 10-11-2011, 01:28 PM
MADHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go for it! I almost bought a Custom prior to the Limited; looking back I have no regrets.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:48 PM
TheTroupe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ElJayBird
My dad rides an SG and I steal it from him on the weekends from time to time. It's definitely a lot more comfortable than my Deluxe for sure. If you've hit that point in your life where a set of clubs is more attractive than a pigskin or a pair of running shoes, then I guess a bagger is the next logical step. Welcome to your new paradigm, old-timer. ;o)

Who you calling old?

You young wiper snapper.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait....old timer!?
I'm going to be 33....thats old!?

I just love the look of the SG. I wish I could keep the Deluxe, but before I spend more $ on it, I should get the SG because I will want it again next year....and my Deluxe will be worth less.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

Been their done that. That blue would look sick with blue cans, chrome lower forks and chrome wheels. I think you will be happy. I know you been wanting one for a while. If you can afford it I would say jump on it. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: UH OH! The Deluxe is probably going to get replaced.