Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Captain America Style Looking Bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011 | 05:00 PM
The Kraken
|
6th Gear
Default Captain America Style Looking Bike

Hello Folks

I'm looking for suggestions, since the age of 15 I have always wanted a cool looking Captain America Bike aka (Easy Rider Bike) Peter Fonda, you know what I'm talking about....

I do not need it to be exactly like it, just the style..........

In your experiance other then a 1200, what other Harley do you suggest might be used to convert to a 60's style chopper. Around here a few friends suggested I use 2007-2009 Softail Custom, or an FXR, if I'm correct the FXR has the shocks showing so that would not do it.

I could of course get a "Captain America in a box", Just not quite sold on it.

With my limited knowledge I figure all I would need to do is get some forks ( but not the 46 inch forks - as I want to be able to turn the bike. LOL ) it would be used as a daily driver.

Then a sissy bar with the seat that climbs the bar.

So if anybody has done something like this I would like to hear what you used and why.

All constructive suggestions are welcome, hell..... all suggestions are welcome!

Old 10-07-2011 | 09:36 PM
UT-rckr
Road Master

I believe the Capt America bike from the movie was a Cross Bones with additions

Old 10-07-2011 | 09:39 PM
mike06train
Road Captain

saw a copy once. It was an iron head sporty. looked good.

Old 10-07-2011 | 09:54 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Old 10-07-2011 | 11:08 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member

a capt america kit bike is probably your best bet. you could build anything,but it would just be a another chopper. if your going to take a newer stock bike and try to build one out of it,you will end up changing every part but the engine and trans.and still not have a capt america bike..if you start with a paucho/panhead wishbone frame,order it with what ever stretch and rake you want.any knuckle, pan(the corect engine), shovel, or evo engine will bolt in.you could even get a panzer engine,that is a evo engine that looks just like a panhead on the outside.then build with new or swapmeet parts.v-twin sells just about every part needed to complete.if you can find used at a swapmeet or on line,you can build cheaper then buying any production or kit bike

Old 10-07-2011 | 11:23 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Old 10-10-2011 | 10:37 AM
The Kraken
|
6th Gear

Thank You for the replies so far!!

Appreciated

Old 10-10-2011 | 12:04 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by UT-rckr
I believe the Capt America bike from the movie was a Cross Bones with additions
He's talking about the move Easy Rider - not the superhero one.

I'd start by finding a totalled Harley of any model, with a good engine and transmission, but a bent frame. Then get a hardtail frame from one of the many companies making them, or even check out the complete rolling chassis - usually a ton of them on Ebay. But a 60's style chopper on a softail frame might be cool too.

Old 10-10-2011 | 01:13 PM
The Kraken
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by brenn
He's talking about the move Easy Rider - not the superhero one.

I'd start by finding a totalled Harley of any model, with a good engine and transmission, but a bent frame. Then get a hardtail frame from one of the many companies making them, or even check out the complete rolling chassis - usually a ton of them on Ebay. But a 60's style chopper on a softail frame might be cool too.

Yes I was looking into a SOFTTAIL frame, I'm too old for the Hardtail at 55 I need to save my kidneys LOL

Exactly the look I'm looking for - just not so raked.

Thanks

Old 10-10-2011 | 02:35 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

This one was at the Laughlin River Run.

Quick Reply: Captain America Style Looking Bike