Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust for 2012 Blackline??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

V&H short shots in black would look great.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:15 PM
matt816
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rlowride
That's right.... I did....
And not at all Cali style....
I lime duals.... No cross over... Drop the front pipe down... See the whole clean motor!.. Took the apes off... Put on roadking bars...

It's a good thing Individual starts with the letter
"I".... Cause I am, that's what I do, what I like....
And
I
Also noticed, he solicited opinions on exhaust...

Soo... Any thing else you would line to say about my bikes?
Maybe get back to opinions for the op?
To each their own man. Thats why "I" love these machines, everyone has a different style. Come on man, you've been on this site long enough to have developed thicker skin than that, just alittle friendly rubbing, chill out. I was no way accusing your bike of "cali", just stating my position on this out of control so cali trend, to make your bike look like everyone elses. Its unoriginal to me and waaay over done.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:55 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I should proof read from my phone.... Seems it don't like the word like at all...

Old 09-30-2011, 09:48 PM
user 5342924
Banned
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I see V&H just announced their first exhaust for the 2012 Softails so right now I'm not sure there are any choices. I have an 2012 and the dealer went to install the V&H Propipe but with the new "flat plane" mount for the O2 sensors they don't fit. I was told they wouldn't be available until December.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by matt816
To each their own man. Thats why "I" love these machines, everyone has a different style. Come on man, you've been on this site long enough to have developed thicker skin than that, just alittle friendly rubbing, chill out. I was no way accusing your bike of "cali", just stating my position on this out of control so cali trend, to make your bike look like everyone elses. Its unoriginal to me and waaay over done.
I think it's silly to say that certain styles or trends and people who follow them are unoriginal. Especially when that FX springer of yours looks like every other one I've seen. down to the chrome pipe. Doesn't mean I'm gonna call you unoriginal or bother to give my opinion on a trend or style I don't like when nobody asked for me to give it...and then say "Geez. Lighten up!" when you take offense to it cus who the hell am I to dog your thoughts and because text on a screen doesn't convey that "I was just kidding" unless I actually typed that I was just kidding.

Anyway...

I think the Blackline is a simple (in a good way) style of bike and if I owned one I would go with a simple style of exhaust such as V&H short shots or side shots in black.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:04 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 11FXS
Heres mine with Rinehart Racing Crossbacks

Any problem with heat on your leg?

Old 10-01-2011, 09:02 AM
matt816
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
I think it's silly to say that certain styles or trends and people who follow them are unoriginal. Especially when that FX springer of yours looks like every other one I've seen. down to the chrome pipe. Doesn't mean I'm gonna call you unoriginal or bother to give my opinion on a trend or style I don't like when nobody asked for me to give it...and then say "Geez. Lighten up!" when you take offense to it cus who the hell am I to dog your thoughts and because text on a screen doesn't convey that "I was just kidding" unless I actually typed that I was just kidding.

Anyway...

I think the Blackline is a simple (in a good way) style of bike and if I owned one I would go with a simple style of exhaust such as V&H short shots or side shots in black.
What has happened to this freakin site. Aww I'm sorry if I offended anyone, please forgive me. Really because you just see a ton of FX springers. I actually followed your write up and put a fatboy rear fender on it, just havent updated any pictures jackass! I've tried to ask opinions on my bike and everyone passes it up for the next ohh ahh so cali goofball bike. Mines unoriginal? Fatboy fender, fatboy floorboards, I personally made the handlebars, full custom 107" motor. Sissys, all yall are sissys!! Throw me in with all yall too cause im cryin on here through "text".

Seriously great write up on the rear fender install, followed to a T and it went very smoothly. Can't we all just get along! Dang!

Old 10-01-2011, 03:25 PM
11FXS
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoftailBrian
Any problem with heat on your leg?
Non what so ever...those heatshields do a really good job... I get more heat from the freakn oil tank lid than anything...

Old 10-02-2011, 09:02 AM
LexiLee
6th Gear

Here's my Blackline with Freedom Performance Amendments on.

Attached Thumbnails Exhaust for 2012 Blackline??-bike-1.jpg  
Old 10-02-2011, 10:36 AM
caddyman311
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 11FXS
Non what so ever...those heatshields do a really good job... I get more heat from the freakn oil tank lid than anything...
Seriously!! I'm gonna wrap my damn tank!

Quick Reply: Exhaust for 2012 Blackline??