Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Softail today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 10:50 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finished up the Dakota Digitals speedo/tach install. Just gotta put the kuryakyn trim ring on. ....
And polished more chrome!!!

Old 09-27-2011, 01:28 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,007 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Originally Posted by Village Idiot™
If you did something, post it up.

I got a 2" tank lift and the instructions said if you're only doing the 2", you don't have to remove the fuel line and drain the tank. BS.

So I tried to put it on and the holes weren't big enough for the original tank bolt to go through and had to be modified. The other problem was that it also included holes for a 3" lift which left hideous overhang, so since I was already home, I decided to go big. I ended up doing a 3" lift. Pictures will be coming later.
You can get a purpose made tank lifts in 1.5", 2", 2.5" or 3". Match the lines of the bike better, no extra holes or metal hanging off the end.

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Gas-...ft-Kits_c4.htm

Kevin

July 4th Patriotic Biker Bundle - Get Yours HERE

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 09-27-2011, 01:43 AM
TalonIILM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Not Much

Took some pics after doing a few upgrades and mods, (see Spike v2 thread). Then took a nap...

Ride Safe,
TIILM

Old 09-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
You can get a purpose made tank lifts in 1.5", 2", 2.5" or 3". Match the lines of the bike better, no extra holes or metal hanging off the end.

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Gas-...ft-Kits_c4.htm

Kevin
I ordered the kit from MCC on E-bay. I think it's a member on here and when ordering he had kits listed separately as 2" and 3" and not universal, so I ordered the 2" and got what I got. I figured I was going to order something like that to try and get something that looks cleaner. Plus the hole that the original tank bolt was supposed to was not big enough and had to be drilled to fit.

One issue I have is that the Deuce stock risers will now contact the chrome speedo housing not allowing it to reach full lock. Any idea if 1" spacers will fix this until I decide on a new bar setup?

Before:

After:

Old 09-27-2011, 08:55 AM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Rode it up to Reno this last weekend ,got showered on up in Virginia City . Parked it and will ride it again today filthy dirty ,might wash it this weekend.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I turned my shift linkage around like someone said in the cheap mods sticky, seems to work quite well now I have some more room for my boot on the footboard although a bit leary about cutting the brake peddle. I also removed a front signal light (tried my allen wrench skills to the max...1/4 turn at a time and a kajillion threads) to size up adjusting the driving lights to show more side of the road than the middle...realized it was more work than I wanted to do right then so I decided with beer in hand that I got all winter to adjust the driving lights.
They are preping roads to do some asphalting and some boob thought they stop right on my *** at a light so I let the bike shoot a bunch of gravel at the car, I enjoyed hearing the sound of gravel chipping the paint off a idiots car as I sped away.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Today.. 9/27/2011.. I went outside, looked at her, looked up at the sky, checked the weather on my phone, looked back down at her, sighed, and walked away.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:06 PM
phanowel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rode to work, 7:30am.
Rode home for lunch, 11:40am.
Rode to work, 12:43pm.

Will ride home from work, 5:15pm.

I'm the guy that puts my tie in my button down shirt, shifts and brakes with my dress shoes, etc. With apes, mini helmet (now DOT approved, thanks to ebay stickers), and a flat black softail, I do get some looks.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:31 PM
HeHateMe
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have been waiting for my 2" lift to come in. I ordered a Dakota Digital Blue LED gauge.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:34 PM
HeHateMe
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by socal yankee
Finished up the Dakota Digitals speedo/tach install. Just gotta put the kuryakyn trim ring on. ....
And polished more chrome!!!

Whats the Kuryakyn trim ring? I just ordered my Dakota Digital tach, do I need to order a trim ring as well?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Softail today?