Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying the Ultimate seat out

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 04:23 PM
nuklhd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying the Ultimate seat out

I think the stock seat is fine but not enough back support from the passenger seat and none at all with it off. I had a Mustang seat & backrest on my Road King Classic and liked it very much. I ordered one for the 2011 heritage and received it last week and absolutely did NOT like it, hard as a rock, pushed me up to far toward the tank and up in the air, sent it back.

I received the Ultimate seat and backrest today and tried it out on a simple ride from home to office about 8 miles. So far I like it...the backrest seems to be in the correct position of the back and the seat is deep, a little firm but better than what I had experienced with the Mustang.

Will try it out over the next several days and report back, but so far so good...

Attached Thumbnails Trying the Ultimate seat out-092311.jpg   Trying the Ultimate seat out-mail.google.com1.jpg   Trying the Ultimate seat out-mail.google.com.jpg  
Old 09-24-2011, 12:10 AM
scasey
Road Master

subscribed

Old 09-24-2011, 08:46 AM
rob i
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

that is a really nice looking seat and matches your bike perfectly.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:40 PM
HarleyCamper
Road Master

Just put an Ultimate seat on my Deluxe. Took a 4 hour ride that I've done several times with the stocker and several times with a modified stocker... You're gonna love it.
BTW, the backrest is nearly worth the price of the whole package. For me, it makes all the difference in the world.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:59 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,973 Likes on 838 Posts

Does the Ultimate seat put you any lower or farther forward than stock? Considering this myself...

Old 09-24-2011, 05:09 PM
HarleyCamper
Road Master

Nope. Placement is about identical to the stocker.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:37 AM
nuklhd
Advanced
Thumbs up Update on Ultimate

Well on Saturday I rode 300 miles with the new seat. The seat fits my rear end good, it sits you back in the crack of the seat like one should and even without the backrest it has very good support.

It felt like I was a little closer to the tank than the stock seat but maybe the stock seat is a hair longer. The backrest is nice and feels like it comes a littler higher than the Mustang backrest, probably due to deeper bucket on the seat? My butt still got a little numb on the way back but guessing it's because I simply have been riding to work and back and not longer distances lately.

I feel that the seat WILL be staying with me and thought for my butt it had a ton better feel than the Mustang wide seat. I like the fact that I feel I can take off backrest and leave in bag for longer rides while the seat feels better on the back than stock even without the passenger seat for support.

It's a few bucks more than the Mustang but I feel that it's worth it, only thing I thought was a little crumby was the $40 shipping/handling...Should be a straight ship cost for the premium seat price.

I give it a thumbs up!

Old 09-28-2011, 12:55 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny, I went exactly the opposite way. I thought the Ultimate was a bit uncomfortable and didn't like the way the backrest fit me. I gave the Mustang a shot and agree that in the beginning it felt a bit hard but after a few thousand miles (read that a month) it is more than soft enough and broken in just the way I like it. Rode 500+ a couple of weeks ago on it and couldn't be happier.

This is why we have choices I guess, so we can all have happy backsides.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:52 PM
TheTroupe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had an Ultimate for about a year now and I love it.

They are great people to deal with, I you don't like the seat they'll take it back.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:38 PM
nuklhd
Advanced
Wink

I agree fcsallan, I had a Mustang on my Road King and really liked it allot, thought I would go that route again...Entirely different seat for the softail frame, every butt is different for sure, mine has gotten a little heavier and that could have been the deal?

Anyway I really think I like the Ultimate, here are some pics with backrest off today.

Attached Thumbnails Trying the Ultimate seat out-2011-09-28_13-46-03_511.jpg   Trying the Ultimate seat out-2011-09-28_13-45-52_657.jpg  

Quick Reply: Trying the Ultimate seat out