Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New heads, rocker box covers and more goodies.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 10:30 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

A word about grip ace. they take care of business. I pinched the wire for the button pad and when I removed it last night to add my spacer it was dead. I sent them a facebook message and the Timothy called me at 10:40 on Sunday night to arrange getting a new pad to me. The reason teh wires got pinched is due to my ape hangers and the angle I keep them at while I ride. The exile grip is milled for teh wire but with my bars and wehre the grip is milled the pad would avhe been on teh bottom of teh grip where I could not reach it. My buddy milled it for my lcoation in about 20 seconds.

I'm off to get my new pad in a few minutes. I am really impressed with their customer service. It is not easy to impress me.

Drew

Old 09-26-2011, 11:11 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by anubisss
I have been lusting after these for years. Finally got them after wrestling with how much they cost for a long, long time.

Drew
Dude, I feel ya! They certainly ain't givin those away, are they?

Old 09-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Was that just an issue with your particular bars as to where the switches would've been located? Was it due to dimples in the bars or something? You had pm'd me the directions for installation, but I would have to have a Google email acct to read them. Got anything else? Thanks!

Old 09-26-2011, 12:10 PM
anubisss
Banned

It was due to the angle that I have my bars at. With the extra forward angle on the apes the button pad would have been on the bottom of the bars where I could not reach it. If I would have just drilled a hole in the bars to run the wiring through as opposed to running it through the dimpling all would have been fine. My fault completely. Got the new pad now and will install it this afternoon.

Drew

Old 09-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Hokie_HD
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drew - The bikes looks great. Now I can show my wife what the RSD timing cover, rocker covers and derby cover look on the bike close up. that will be my winter purchase.

Steve

Old 09-26-2011, 09:17 PM
anubisss
Banned

Left side. Here are the bars with the new spacers and the grip ace. The buttons are as follows left to right. Brights, left signals, horn, right signals. Left two buttons turn on the hazards, and the right two button's start the bike. It is really clean. I gotta do an internal brake line with the new master cylinder and it will be done.

Right side

My pic of both sides is not working. I'll have to take another.

Drew

Old 09-26-2011, 10:57 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anubisss
Left side. Here are the bars with the new spacers and the grip ace. The buttons are as follows left to right. Brights, left signals, horn, right signals. Left two buttons turn on the hazards, and the right two button's start the bike. It is really clean. I gotta do an internal brake line with the new master cylinder and it will be done.

Right side

My pic of both sides is not working. I'll have to take
another.
Drew
Looks absolutely beautiful, brotha. I can't wait to see it finished at the General Store Grill.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:42 AM
anubisss
Banned

Okay,someone found me an inline brake switch that mounts as a banjo bolt. Thanks.
http://www.amazon.com/Goodridge-Banj.../dp/B000GTX0O8

Now I need help on style of the master cylinder. Here are the options I am thinking of...
http://hawghalters.com/Hand-Controls.../prod_461.html

http://www.kutterharleyonline.com/product/0612-0073

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...200n-511-2.htm

If you have experience with any of these let em know. The most important thing besides the fact that it works properly is that the bracket that mounts to the bars lines up with everything else. Gonna have to make some calls.

Drew

Old 09-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Miked053
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

drew I am really digging the first one by hawghalters. I have no idea of their functionallity but just think the shape of them goes the best with your set up.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:48 PM
anubisss
Banned

Yeah. I just talked with PM about my concerns. I am going to head down to their shop and fit one up and see how it looks. I have also decided for the brake switch I will run a t on the bottom of the lower triple tree and put the switch on the second fitting for a second brake line as that will keep it clean. kk6pg gets credit for this idea as many others on my ride.

Drew

Drew

Quick Reply: New heads, rocker box covers and more goodies.