Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear turn signal relocation

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 06:02 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rear turn signal relocation

I'm putting a detachable backrest and barebacks for my saddlebag on my softail standard. It looks like I'm going to need to relocate my rear turn signals for clearance.

What do you all like for rear signal relocation?

I have a crappy looking black bar fom saddlmen, that bolts on the license plate bolts, but I'm not likely to use that. Kuryakyn makes a chrome one that looks and fits better, but claims to be for "metric cruiser" signals. Thejn there's the HD OEM kits that look like they just change your signals to a round post base instead of the wedge that is stock.

I even though about just getting one of those turn signal license plate rings and dumping the signals.

Anybody try something that is good and cheap?

Old 09-18-2011, 06:27 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to go with a license plate bracket from Easy Brackets. It's a lay down license plate bracket with provisions for attaching the turn signals to it. It comes in black or chrome and runs around 80 dollars I think. It's not necessarily cheap but it looks great and gets the turn signals completely away from where I need to mount my saddlebags giving me more room. Sorry I don't know how to post a link to it but it comes right up with google.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:49 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Alloy art strut mount signals. They are very nice LED units.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...er-lights.html

Drew

Old 09-18-2011, 09:06 AM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

you don't need much clearance, you can use a dremel tool and notch out the stock brackets if you want.
I used the HD kit on mine...

Old 09-18-2011, 12:42 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I put these on so I would have clearance for my bags.
Tom

Attached Thumbnails Rear turn signal relocation-thunder-bags-019.jpg  
Old 09-19-2011, 01:29 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I'm going to go with a license plate bracket from Easy Brackets. It's a lay down license plate bracket with provisions for attaching the turn signals to it. It comes in black or chrome and runs around 80 dollars I think. It's not necessarily cheap but it looks great and gets the turn signals completely away from where I need to mount my saddlebags giving me more room. Sorry I don't know how to post a link to it but it comes right up with google.
I went with a similar thing for my bobtail rear. It's a chrome Kuryakyn mount that goes under my license plate and has side wings I can relocate dhte original turn signals to. Got it on Ebay for $36. It says it fits most OEM "metric" turn signals, but I'm betting I can make it work.

I looked at a HD kit and it looks like it is intended to move the base of the signal out of the way of the docking sideplates, but I don't think it allowed enough room for the docking sideplates AND saddlebags on Barebacks, since they'd hit right at the back of the signal itself.

Last edited by brenn; 09-19-2011 at 01:34 PM.