Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Matching Denim.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Matching Denim.

Part of my winter wish list is throwing a heritage front fender on my LO...which brings me to ask how well did your PC match especially the denim black. What worries me is that when I do this it will not be an exact match. I have phoned a few places around town and the price varied between $200 to $400. The one shop that was most expensive said he would do test strips to make sure I am totally happy with the match....might be worth the piece of mind imo. The front fender needs to be exact.

Anyways for those who PC'd their denim, how happy were you on the matches? And any advice would be groovy.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:13 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Umnnnnn if you so worried about it just get them all pc'd in cali its around 450 to get all 3 tins pc'd. I wouldnt pc the front fender seeing how the other are painted id keep with tradition and **** can flat black it. (if you dont own a paint gun) its just matte black nothing special.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:14 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
Part of my winter wish list is throwing a heritage front fender on my LO...which brings me to ask how well did your PC match especially the denim black. What worries me is that when I do this it will not be an exact match. I have phoned a few places around town and the price varied between $200 to $400. The one shop that was most expensive said he would do test strips to make sure I am totally happy with the match....might be worth the piece of mind imo. The front fender needs to be exact.

Anyways for those who PC'd their denim, how happy were you on the matches? And any advice would be groovy.
Why would you have the front fender PC'd to try and match denim paint? I have never heard of anybody doing this, but perhaps somebody has. Imo, you should just have it shot with plain ol' paint to match. Might even be possible to do it yourself. Not following the PC line of thinking unless PC in this case stands for something other than powder coat.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Sorry my bad...confusing parts with fender by using the term.

So the 'Harley Davidson Denim Black' spray can would work?

But I also will be PC'n some parts...which again my question of how happy people were with the matches to the denim paint.

Btw where's Jim? I know he did the same thing to his beauty.

Last edited by Josewales; 09-16-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:27 AM
SMF
Banned

Dunno about that but, i would go gloss balck pc to add more contrast and flow. If not i think it will look like a flat black blob bro.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:29 AM
SMF
Banned

Oh and yea it will work. Just remember to build your base with primer so your paint will have something to stick to.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BOBBEREVO88
Oh and yea it will work. Just remember to build your base with primer so your paint will have something to stick to.
Aye! Problem is I dont trust myself since I never painted before...might just have to drop the fender and a few cans of denim to a pro. None of them suggested supplying the cans though.

Thanx man for the help.

Last edited by Josewales; 09-16-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:37 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BOBBEREVO88
Dunno about that but, i would go gloss balck pc to add more contrast and flow. If not i think it will look like a flat black blob bro.
Denim black & brushed chrome/alum look (ie bars, light trims...)

Already found a plating shop when the parts start coming off. Not blacking all out...just want to get rid of gloss and shiney chrome.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:40 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.colorrite.com/ <Go here and order your paint. It's real good stuff and user friendly. You could lay down a coat of paint with ease. It matches perfect too.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BLKBAGGER
http://www.colorrite.com/ <Go here and order your paint. It's real good stuff and user friendly. You could lay down a coat of paint with ease. It matches perfect too.
Awesome!

Quick Reply: Matching Denim.