Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats for a Deuce that a passenger will actually like

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 10:38 PM
aruku
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats for a Deuce that a passenger will actually like

Hey folks. I may be buying a '04 Deuce very soon and right now it has a stock seat. I personally don't mind it at all but my g/f hates it. She says her part of the seat is way too hard (she's used to the stock seat on my '98 Sporty which is very soft -- pic: http://citr.jp/misc/2006-11-19/images/IMG_1722.jpg). Does any company make a seat for the Deuce that is friendly to the passenger's derriere?

Old 11-20-2006, 11:17 PM
JeffreyLebowski
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Seats for a Deuce that a passenger will actually like

I put a sundowner on my deuce with a back support. It ain't pretty but it works well. It has a much wider passenger seat than the stock seat. My girlfriend says it's ok.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:15 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: aruku

Hey folks. I may be buying a '04 Deuce very soon and right now it has a stock seat. I personally don't mind it at all but my g/f hates it. She says her part of the seat is way too hard (she's used to the stock seat on my '98 Sporty which is very soft -- pic: http://citr.jp/misc/2006-11-19/images/IMG_1722.jpg). Does any company make a seat for the Deuce that is friendly to the passenger's derriere?
Girlfriend ? Not a wife ? Hmmmmm that stock Duece seat looks awfully darn good on that bike.I'd find a new GF who doesn't biotch about the seating arrangements,You should be able to get hotter women now that you've upgraded from the Sporty to a Deuce.

All that said,if the girlfriend's a keeper you could always teach her how to ride,give her your old Sporty and let her put any dammm seat she likes on it [8D]

Old 11-21-2006, 01:35 AM
voodoo93
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mustang supposedly makes a nice seat - add the rider and pax back rests and you have the beginnings of your very own bagger...

***** her get a solo you like, throw on a p-pad for her when YOU decide she can ride with you

Old 11-21-2006, 03:31 AM
WoodyHD
Road Warrior

Fiance loves the Sundowner with a backrest! When on my own, I easily switch back to the factory seat.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:57 AM
WaterHog
Road Captain

I have a Sundowner, my wife and GF like it over the stock seat, when Im solo I use the stock seat.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:03 PM
T Tommyt
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: T 3

Girlfriend ? Not a wife ? Hmmmmm that stock Duece seat looks awfully darn good on that bike.I'd find a new GF who doesn't biotch about the seating arrangements,You should be able to get hotter women now that you've upgraded from the Sporty to a Deuce.

All that said,if the girlfriend's a keeper you could always teach her how to ride,give her your old Sporty and let her put any dammm seat she likes on it [8D]
We think alot a like

Old 11-21-2006, 05:32 PM
firestarter
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aruku,

I just did what voodoo recommended. I bought the Mustang solo with the detachable 10" passanger pad, added the HD sissybar and attached the matching mustang backpad. My wife would not get on the stock seat. We went out last Saturday for about an hour and she never complained. I plan on riding solo most times and will take the passanger pad and sissybar off.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:02 PM
06nighttrain3130
Advanced

My wife hates the seat on are 06 Night Train I know A guy that will take your stock seat and add or remove the foam or add jell pads to it more or less he will custom fit it to what ever your butt likes. For less then any after market seat. He is going to do my seat this winter I am going to have him make the back part of it wider and move my part back and deeper and change the foam. He is also doing my brother in laws 07 Ultra Classic. He is very good and not expensive

Old 11-22-2006, 12:03 AM
pro1955
Road Captain

I would have one custom made and be done with it. I bought a Mustang, wife said it was ok but I hurt after 2 hours, and it moved me up and forward riding position was perfect before. Tried a buddies Corbin I liked it better but it seemed kind of hard, I'm going to have someone make me one.

Quick Reply: Seats for a Deuce that a passenger will actually like