Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 04:11 PM
AISTQM
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Exhaust Advice

I originally ordered Vance & Hines Longshots for my Deluxe but am now thinking of cancelling and getting the Longshot HS. Am I right in thinking the Longshots only have the heat shield on the header portion and the HS cover both the header and the muffler. Also the quiet bafflles are available for the HS. Do I want the quiet baffles. I'm looking for a deeper rumble not necessarily just a louder exhaust. It is tough being a newbie but with your help and time.

Thanks
Bob

Old 07-15-2005, 12:45 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust Advice

I just heard my deluxe with the longshots and it sounds awsome--loud and deep. Looks are awsome as well, clean straight pipes. I dont know what the others sound like or how they look but I love the looks and the sound of my bike--and I was thinking about going dual exhaust.

George

Old 07-15-2005, 02:46 PM
MB
Advanced

I have the Big Shot Staggards on my bike with slash end caps and love them (both aesthetically and sound). A friend of mine has the short shots on his bike, and they too are loud, albeit much higher pitched (tinny sounding) in my opinion. I wanted a louder/deeper rumble myself, not just a loud bike with a crackly high pitch. Was concerned about how the Big Shot Staggards would sound, and, needless to say they were exactly what i was wanting. I too, was looking at the longshots for awhile, but decided against them and began looking at Big Shots due to crossover they contain (which increases horsepower) and full length heat shield. Not sure if longshots have full length heat shield or not to be honest. You can get the Big Shots in a "Long" model, which look almost identical to longshots. They are a couple of hundred bucks more roughly. Hope was of some help. mb

Old 07-16-2005, 07:16 PM
FATBOY22
Stage II

I have a set of West Coast Choppers Hellbents on order for my 99 Fatboy, I think they look bitchin and I bet they sound awesome! Anyone have them?

FATBOY22

Old 07-17-2005, 12:35 AM
SilverDawg
Road Captain

I have the Big Shot Longs. They do contain the "corossover" feature which adds HP and torque, according to V & H. They do have the full lenght HS wich the longshots do not have, unless they have the HS designation after them. Pick the pipe that gives you what you are looking for. Lots of great options on the market.

Old 07-18-2005, 03:35 AM
kwb
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed the Big Shot Staggerd's on my FBoy and like them. They sound better (deeper) with the quite baffles IMO.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:27 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

ORIGINAL: FATBOY22

I have a set of West Coast Choppers Hellbents on order for my 99 Fatboy, I think they look bitchin and I bet they sound awesome! Anyone have them?

FATBOY22
Get some hearing protection for those. They are loud and snarly. They also kill your bottom end because of being too short and no back pressure. I'm serious about the hearing protection. You ride long enough without and you will suffer permanent hearing loss.