Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ahve a Nash Sticky Throttle internal setup?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 09:17 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Anyone ahve a Nash Sticky Throttle internal setup?

I came across this in my search for an internal throttle. I really like the idea of having a built in "cruise control." I guess it does not snap back on it;s own? I'll call Nash in a bit and get more info but I think I might get this as opposed to the Exile unit as I do a lot of riding and a "cruise" option would be great.

Drew

Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what do you have on that FatBoy? 67000 miles? Yeah i'd say that's a fair amount of riding. must be real nice to have some sunshine and not be under 13 feet of water for the past 2 damn weeks. haha.. oh man Jersey is so screwed...

Old 09-09-2011, 09:52 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There were a few threads on that nash somewhere on the forum. I was looking at the Exile one too, but have also heard good things about the Streamline Designs version. The Streamline is apparently a DOT approved single cable setup (it has its own return spring system) and utilizes 6 bearings (ball & needle), and does not require a welded installation. It's a little more $ than the Exile, but might be worth looking into.

John

Old 09-09-2011, 05:58 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jreichart
There were a few threads on that nash somewhere on the forum. I was looking at the Exile one too, but have also heard good things about the Streamline Designs version. The Streamline is apparently a DOT approved single cable setup (it has its own return spring system) and utilizes 6 bearings (ball & needle), and does not require a welded installation. It's a little more $ than the Exile, but might be worth looking into.

John
I read about firemans1501's isntall on the steramline and he ran into a few issues which I assume are inevitable when installing a device of this variety, but DOT is not really an issue for me as long as I feel safe using it. You don't avhe to weld the Exile one either. I talked to Russell yesterday and he explained that you use set screws to hold it in place.

Drew

Old 09-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys im installing a vtwin model not expensive at all.. It has a return srping and has 5 bearing total for smoth operation. Once I get my bars back from pc I will install and let you know... Overall I think all concepts are them same just comes down to craftsmanship and price

Old 09-09-2011, 08:09 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Streamline internal throttle and it is great, really cleans up the front end. Bought it from BR's Custom Bars when I bought my bars.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:13 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
You don't avhe to weld the Exile one either. I talked to Russell yesterday and he explained that you use set screws to hold it in place.

Drew
That's good to know, I've always liked the Exile style, and wanted to use their setup, but from the pics (and lack of thorough description) on their site I just assumed it was a weld in. Might have to rethink now......hmmmm.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:58 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Fireman1501's conversion of his streamline throttle was extreme, lol. I had to look away when he started grinding it down. Don't remember what all the issues were though. I would like to get an internal throttle as well. Keep the reviews coming.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd also like to hear more on these.....
Toby - can you find out what the issues were with Fireman's install?
Drew - did you get to talk with Nash? I like the "sticky throttle" but it could also be an issue in an emergency.... Just thinking out loud on this....

Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Left a message for Nash. I'll post when they get back to me.

Drew