Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New BSL's on the Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:54 PM
billsantos
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New BSL's on the Deluxe

Got the new pipes after some joker hit my Short Shot slip-ons. Mostly stock header damage. Insurance came thru big time.. Dealer gave me estimate and insurace was gonna make it a 2 party check (me and the repair dealer) but the claims adjuster was a 20 year biker and new his HD stuff.. Cut the check straight to me and even suggested I put on what ever i wanted (course I was gonna do that anyway).. So the check covered the cost of the pipes and I got another one coming on my deductabile refund.. Means I can buy more free stuff.. Sometimes getting hit is a good thing..sometimes. Put my SS quite baffles in cause while they don't quite much it makes the sound deeper.. BSL's give it the old school look which is why I bought a Deluxe it the first place.. Though I wouldn't mind a flame job on the tins.. Doc Drew came through on the best price I could find out there on the BSL's also..

Attached Thumbnails New BSL's on the Deluxe-bsl1.jpg   New BSL's on the Deluxe-bsl2.jpg  
Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Forge
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BSL's

Originally Posted by billsantos
Got the new pipes after some joker hit my Short Shot slip-ons. Mostly stock header damage. Insurance came thru big time.. Dealer gave me estimate and insurace was gonna make it a 2 party check (me and the repair dealer) but the claims adjuster was a 20 year biker and new his HD stuff.. Cut the check straight to me and even suggested I put on what ever i wanted (course I was gonna do that anyway).. So the check covered the cost of the pipes and I got another one coming on my deductabile refund.. Means I can buy more free stuff.. Sometimes getting hit is a good thing..sometimes. Put my SS quite baffles in cause while they don't quite much it makes the sound deeper.. BSL's give it the old school look which is why I bought a Deluxe it the first place.. Though I wouldn't mind a flame job on the tins.. Doc Drew came through on the best price I could find out there on the BSL's also..
Looks good. Been running the same pipes for about a year now and still look and sound good.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:06 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good, nice to hear the insurance came through an d got you back riding pretty quick

Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 PM
billsantos
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Forge
Looks good. Been running the same pipes for about a year now and still look and sound good.
Thanks.. I got a question if you did yours yourself.. Seems to me the head bolts came alot farther thru the flanges on the stock header than they do on these... pipe head seat might be cut different but they snugged up quick to the torque spec.. I gave them a smoke test and don't see any leakage.. Just curious..

Old 09-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Forge
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sounds right

Thanks.. I got a question if you did yours yourself.. Seems to me the head bolts came alot farther thru the flanges on the stock header than they do on these... pipe head seat might be cut different but they snugged up quick to the torque spec.. I gave them a smoke test and don't see any leakage.. Just curious..
I have installed these same pipes twice (had to pull to put on apes back in December). I think mine were the same. If they pass the smoke test and it runs fine...I would leave as is...last thing you want to do is break a bolt. Did you use a new gasket?

Old 09-08-2011, 08:55 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Bill, they look great on your ride. I refer to that as the dividend reinvestment program.

If and when you want or need more stuff let me know and as always thanks for your business.

Drew

Old 09-08-2011, 09:05 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HELL YEAH!
Looks great!!! Been Thinkin about switching my pipes to BSL's too. Just cuz it sounds like "DSLs."
Hahahaha...." DSLs.". Mmmmmm...
Seriously, looks good bro, and I bet they sound even better!
-Jason

Old 09-08-2011, 09:40 PM
billsantos
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Forge
I have installed these same pipes twice (had to pull to put on apes back in December). I think mine were the same. If they pass the smoke test and it runs fine...I would leave as is...last thing you want to do is break a bolt. Did you use a new gasket?
Sure did and that might be a reason.. Stock ones really smashed.. I'll just keep a eye on their torque.....

Old 09-08-2011, 09:55 PM
billsantos
Cruiser

Originally Posted by socal yankee
HELL YEAH!
Looks great!!! Been Thinkin about switching my pipes to BSL's too. Just cuz it sounds like "DSLs."
Hahahaha...." DSLs.". Mmmmmm...
Seriously, looks good bro, and I bet they sound even better!
-Jason
What's interesting is now that the sound is coming way behind my ears I can hear every sound comming from the engine.. what's that sound ? what's that sound ? Was still a little loud for my taste even with the QB's, so I install these end baffles from Smartpartz I had on the SS Slip-ons.. all they are is choke down tubes really to a 1" opening. Fit perfect in the end caps.. Still much louder than stock exhaust and loud when on the throttle.. but at low RPM's sounds like a rumble in the jungle.. Makes it run a little richer but thats fine with me..

Old 09-08-2011, 10:00 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's interesting is now that the sound is coming way behind my ears I can hear every sound comming from the engine.. what's that sound ? what's that sound ? Was still a little loud for my taste even with the QB's, so I install these end baffles from Smartpartz I had on the SS Slip-ons.. all they are is choke down
tubes really to a 1" opening. Fit
perfect in the end caps.. Still
much louder than stock exhaust
and loud when on the throttle..
but at low RPM's sounds like a
rumble in the jungle.. Makes it
run a little richer but thats fine
with me..
The 'behind the ears' is what I like! I've been to plenty of bike nights and get togethers and the BSLs really do sound awesome. Congrats, bro.

Quick Reply: New BSL's on the Deluxe