Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold My Fatboy Today :o(

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sold My Fatboy Today :o(

Well today I watched the guy I sold my 2004 Fatboy to load it on a trailer and in the process bounce the front fender off of the expanded metal sides. It made me sick to see the chip of paint he knocked off the fender.

I told him to watch out not to hit the fender as he was pulling the bike on there at an angle and he acted like he had it under control and saw what he was doing. I have no idea why he was loading it at an angle anyway, the trailer was plenty big enough to load the bike straight in and the tie it down.

Of course I already had the money in hand and the paperwork was all signed so it was his bike at that point but damn after you buy a bike and then put loads of money into it with extras and then baby it and detail it better than show room condition and then watch some one chip the crap out of the fender why it is still in your driveway it was all I could do not to cuss him out. I don't think he even noticed it.

He lives about 50 miles south of me and if this is the way it will be taken care of I hope I never see it again!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2006, 03:48 PM
BluesJopo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sold My Fatboy Today :o(

I remember when we sold our first bike....a 1987 FXST. Both hubby and I had tears as the guy drove it off I hope you're buying a new bike!

We waited 19 years for new ones and were able to buy one for each of us! Couldn't be more tickled!

Old 11-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master

I already have another bike, It has been about a year and a half since I bought the RG and when I walk out to the garage I always take it and the the Fatboy was just collecting dust so I put it on HD Trader just to see if I got any bites and the first guy to call bought it. I guess I'm just a 1 bike guy for now. Here's a picture of the RG.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4934/113CB648F698478988F548CF76E23AD5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Heritage07
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

Sold my 1991 Sportster to my brother in 1998 with the stipulation that I could ride it any time I want (He only lived 10 minutes from me.) Well after eight years and only riding it once I finally got the opportunity to by a new Heritage. This ones not going anywhere, in fact they will have to burry me on it if any one tries to pull it out of my hands!

Old 11-18-2006, 07:27 PM
ST Deuce
Tourer

yeah, i remember selling my first bike and watching some hot shot kid ride it away. i listened for the scream of the pipes till i was sure he was out of hearing distance. then i went back into the house with an empty feeling in my gut. i quickly got over it when the new harley was delivered to my house!!

Old 11-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master

Dave,

Nice Heritage!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the best color combo the MOCO did this year, I saw an Ultra in those colors and almost had to trade my RG in on it.

TC

Old 11-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Heritage07
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thundercloud

Dave,

Nice Heritage!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the best color combo the MOCO did this year, I saw an Ultra in those colors and almost had to trade my RG in on it.

TC
Thanks! I agree

Old 11-18-2006, 08:20 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned

Couple of guys from Canada drove 3 days to come pick up my '82 FLT...showed up w/cash American, took it around the block a couple of times, then loaded it in the back of a rusty chevy 1/2 ton pickup...it barely fit! I had the Standard in the garage already so I didn't suffer from "separation anxiety" but as I think back on it now it was kind of a cool bike to have around and I do miss riding it every now and then...I'll always have the faded oil stains on the garage floor to bring back those good old memories!

Old 11-18-2006, 08:21 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thundercloud

Well today I watched the guy I sold my 2004 Fatboy to load it on a trailer and in the process bounce the front fender off of the expanded metal sides. It made me sick to see the chip of paint he knocked off the fender.

I told him to watch out not to hit the fender as he was pulling the bike on there at an angle and he acted like he had it under control and saw what he was doing. I have no idea why he was loading it at an angle anyway, the trailer was plenty big enough to load the bike straight in and the tie it down.

Of course I already had the money in hand and the paperwork was all signed so it was his bike at that point but damn after you buy a bike and then put loads of money into it with extras and then baby it and detail it better than show room condition and then watch some one chip the crap out of the fender why it is still in your driveway it was all I could do not to cuss him out. I don't think he even noticed it.

He lives about 50 miles south of me and if this is the way it will be taken care of I hope I never see it again!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you and I are a lot alike. My stuff looks show room until the day I sell it.
Where we differ is sale time.
After the guy hands me the check, he can take her straight to a demolishion derby for all I care.
I wouldn't let that chip bother you at all.

Old 11-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh dang.. at first I thought.. "no biggie, it's his problem now".. then i saw that paintjob.
Oh sad day.. even if it is the new owner's fault and problem.

Quick Reply: Sold My Fatboy Today :o(