Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extremely Happy with my Ride Wright Wheel purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extremely Happy with my Ride Wright Wheel purchase

Just wanted to share my recent and past experience with Sam and Ride Wright Wheels.About a month ago I ordered a set of Fat Spokes through Dr V Twin.Got a 21x3.5 front, 18x4.25 rear ,matching pulley,rotors and all chrome matching hardware for my 10 Deluxe.Went with a chrome rim,hub,polished nipples and powder coated spokes(shattered glass over pearlized white II).

To my surprise they were at my door in only two weeks.I thought that was really fast.Especially due to the two stage powder coating color I chose for the spokes.They were expertly packaged and came through flawless.All parts were correct and as ordered right down to the chrome hardware.

Yesterday was the install and moment of truth.Plain and simple, true bolt on beautiful wheels.No issues what so ever.I used my stock chrome Harley wheel spacers.Even the 4.25 rear wheel with 150 tire needed no spacing or modification.It bolted right up. Using the pulley spacer supplied by Ride Wright.Just like Sam said it would.I even added PM chrome front and rear calipers.Which I thought might add some drama into the mix.But nope spot on.Went tubeless as well.

Now here is the customer service part.Before I was even a customer.About a year ago I put a 21" Nightrain wheel on my Deluxe.I love the 21 look but could not spring for the Fat spokes at that time.I read a bunch of posts saying it would fit and it did.Bolted right up.But what no one mentioned is that the tire is not centered in the fender.Looked like hell to me.

No one could help me.So Drew ( Dr V Twin) called Sam and asked him.Sam knew the deal right away.The offsets are different from the FX and FL front wheels causing the problem. I called Sam and had several conversations with him.He told me what I needed to do.Gave me the correct specs to fix the problem.

Sam even offered to do the work for me.But he said it would be cheaper for me to get it done locally.Since shipping would kill me.Really !! This guy Sam who I don't even know.Spends his time telling me how to fix the problem.Then tries to save me money.All for a guy(me) who is not even buying his wheels at the time.I am 100% certain you will find that kind of customer service from NO ONE.

This is why I am a loyal ,very happy customer.To both Dr V Twin and Ride Wright wheels .

Last edited by Malingerer; 09-03-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

...and you didn't post pics!!!!?

Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
...and you didn't post pics!!!!?
I know man right.I have been having trouble posting pics for the last week or so.I am gonna take some and download them. Hopefully Drew or some one will see the post and offer to post them up for me.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:51 AM
aquaelvis
Tourer

+1 on the pics! Don't be a tease!

Old 09-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Let's see some pics.......

Old 09-03-2011, 11:54 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Good news. I get tired of reading mostly "BAD" news and reports in here.

I always like to tell someone when they do a good job or have a good product with good service.

I even make it a note to tell the employee and Mgr's at places where someone is doing a good Job.

Last edited by oct1949; 09-03-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:42 PM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Everyone likes a Fairytale ending but in the real world the prince don't always ride off with the princess so when someone is happy that can only be good both for the buyer and seller ..... One key don't fit every lock!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:16 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Tom, glad to hear it all went well. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the pics. As alwyas thanks for the kind words and ahve a great labor Day weekend.

Drew

Old 09-03-2011, 09:22 PM
2WHEELFEVER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet !!!

o and yea

Old 09-03-2011, 09:56 PM
shooker
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats they must look sweet on yer sled bro!
But you know we gotta see it to believe it.

Quick Reply: Extremely Happy with my Ride Wright Wheel purchase