Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Using GripAce switches?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 10:25 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow. I 'd love to put these switches on my bike. Their offices are very close to where I live (15 minutes away). I wnat to go and talk to them and check out their office operation. The address is a large office building so i assume they do not actually make the product there but i will find out. I want to see how these work in person before I shell out the cash but would love to clean up my bars.

Drew

Old 09-03-2011, 10:37 AM
honkylips
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jreichart
What bars are you running with the internal throttle? I'm planning on the Todd's Chubby strip bars in 10" and am a bit worried about the angle on them binding the cable, and also possible issues with lubing the cable since the grip section has a downturn. Also see your local, might be lookin ya up if I run into any snags! Cheers!

I have those bars and I won't be the one to say it absolutely won't work, but I ended up leaving my internal throttle on the workbench because I thought the angles were too steep. Besides that, I loved the way my internal throttle looked, but hated not having a throttle lock on long trips.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:05 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by honkylips
I have those bars and I won't be the one to say it absolutely won't work, but I ended up leaving my internal throttle on the workbench because I thought the angles were too steep. Besides that, I loved the way my internal throttle looked, but hated not having a throttle lock on long trips.
What brand is it, and shoot me a pm if you're willing to part with it! Don't use the throttle lock much anyway, not too concerned about that. Thanks for the info, love the sled, it's part of the inspiration for my winter mods! Cheers!

Old 09-03-2011, 01:04 PM
honkylips
Road Captain

I got it from MotoX. Was very happy with the way it worked. Its on a buddy's bike now.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:45 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior

As for the GripAce, I guess I'm the guinea pig! I'll let ya know how it goes!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:49 AM
dpayne333
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jreichart
What bars are you running with the internal throttle? I'm planning on the Todd's Chubby strip bars in 10" and am a bit worried about the angle on them binding the cable, and also possible issues with lubing the cable since the grip section has a downturn. Also see your local, might be lookin ya up if I run into any snags! Cheers!
I'm running Santee 19" apes! Go big or go home! You might be alright with the up bend, probably wont know until you start the set up, you can always cut away a little more of the sleeve to make the cable a little less stiff to make that bend. I ended up drilling a small hole at the bottom of the bars for the cable to exit. I had it coming out the main hole in the center, but it was causing a kink. Good luck! I promise I will post pics soon!

Old 09-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got the Grip Ace, works great & is super clean.

**What grips are you/will you be running?** That is very important. If you will be running Exile grips, no worries. I have the PM grips w/ Renthal rubber grips. Doesn't look too good, but I really don't care all that much so I'll keep them until they wear out. When I get new grips I'm going with Exiles.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:38 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

How about some pics so we can see what it looks like?

Drew

Old 09-06-2011, 11:42 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Branner
I've got the Grip Ace, works great & is super clean.

**What grips are you/will you be running?** That is very important. If you will be running Exile grips, no worries. I have the PM grips w/ Renthal rubber grips. Doesn't look too good, but I really don't care all that much so I'll keep them until they wear out. When I get new grips I'm going with Exiles.
Planned on getting the Exile grips. They just look real clean, and they've been dealing with GripAce for awhile now, and seem to know how to machine it right.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Drew: This is all I have.

Quick Reply: Anyone Using GripAce switches?