Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tomorrow's project, newer heads and RSD Rocker Box covers...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 05:39 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Tomorrow's project, newer heads and RSD Rocker Box covers...

So I got a set of newer heads that take the new style breathers and a set of the RSD Rocker Box covers and will finally be putting them on tomorrow. On teh new style breathers which are stamped steel you can actually change the umbrella valves in tehm whereas in teh odler style breathers which are 1 piece of palstic you cannot without repalcing the breather.

I hear that the newer style heads flow a bit better as well and they have the newer beehive style valve springs too. I'm not doing any head work as my bike already has 65K miles and I want serious longevity from my ride as who knows when I 'll be able to get a new one. This is my car and needs to be running for me to get around town.

The RSD Rocker Box covers are really nice. I am yet to take them out of the shrink wrapped package, but the bolts are recessed nicely like they are on all of their other products and they come with chrome bolts and gaskets. No huge RSD logo, just a tstefully placed embossed Roland Sands Design with a small logo that is not visible unless you know where to look for it. The chrome looks to be excellent but i will know more once I remove them from the packaging.

So, I'll report back tomorrow with pics, instructions, and impressions on this project for anyone interested. The Rocker box covers are not inexpensive but I decided if i was going to be doing the heads, this is the time to do the covers too. Hey, you only live once.

Drew

Old 09-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

love to see pics of them

Old 09-01-2011, 06:56 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Pics as requested...

Drew

Old 09-01-2011, 07:57 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

I've been coveting those covers for quite a while now. LOVE em! I just can't justify 5 bills for 'em, tho.

I WAS seriously considering them, since I have my tank off for other mods, anyway, but I just couldn't fit em into the budget. One of these days, maybe...