Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo bag for laptop and lunch, for a Rocker?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:34 AM
r0cker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Martimus
I've been told that saddlebags aren't the best place for laptops because they vibrate the crap out of the hard drives. I usually carry my laptop in a backpack... and become the silly laptops shock absorber!
Backpack -- Yeah, that is what I have been doing, and will likely continued to do as you bring up a good 'vibration' point.

Or I will just use a VNC connection and leave the laptops sit Then I will just buy lunch and be the true chopper boy that carries nothing that don't fit in his pocket

Old 09-01-2011, 12:12 PM
poppavein
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by r0cker
courier bag... doesn't that fly around when your on the highway... say 65MPH? I have a good laptop bag that I can throw over the shoulder.
No, it sits right behind me, so it doesn't fly around. There is also an additional strap you can put on the sides, which is more useful for sport bike riders because of their lean-forward position.

I adjust it so it sits on the seat and doesn't weigh down my shoulders.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:47 PM
dieselguy65
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
Not everybody is a weekend warrior, bro. Some people actually use their bikes as (GASP! say it ain't so!) TRANSPORTATION. Novel concept to a lot of Harley owners, I know...
i ride mine everyday, putting at least a few hundred miles on it. but i dont carry a laptop with me. dont even have any bags of any kind. if it dont fit in my pocket or sit on the rear seat it dont go with me.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:55 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I worked as a motorcycle courier for many years and always used what I refer to as a messenger bag when i worked. If you adjsut the bag properly it will sit right up on your back and not move. We used to use the Timbuktu bags. They make nice stuff.
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/messenger/

Drew

Old 09-01-2011, 06:39 PM
waldhorn
Cruiser

Originally Posted by r0cker
Cool plate side mount. What kind is it? I was thinking of mounting the plate right to the bag... two birds... anyone ever do this?
The plate and mount are new from kuryakyn. Roto plate is cool but expensive, and wouldn't work with the bag. I used this mounting system because I didn't want to use an axle mount. This mount can be put all the way to welds of the swing arm. Leather works also makes a right side bag that will work depending on your pipes. (on my bike, it would make a nice fire).

Last edited by waldhorn; 09-01-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:25 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by dieselguy65
i ride mine everyday, putting at least a few hundred miles on it. but i dont carry a laptop with me. dont even have any bags of any kind. if it dont fit in my pocket or sit on the rear seat it dont go with me.
I hear ya, bro, but some people do need their "technology" and other stuff for work. I'm a teacher, myself, and have quite a few things I need to haul, including my laptop to write lesson plans, etc. on. When I ride for joy, I leave everything at home 'cept rain gear.

I'm kinda likin' the courier bag idea. Much better than a backpack, and you don't have to attach anything to the bike!

Old 09-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
Not everybody is a weekend warrior, bro. Some people actually use their bikes as (GASP! say it ain't so!) TRANSPORTATION. Novel concept to a lot of Harley owners, I know...
I agree i've only had the cage out to drive to work about 5 times in the past 6 months. Most HD riders and there are alot of them are just weekend warriors where i live regretfully.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 AM
MrMojo
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use the backpack option. My commute is only 40 miles one way so it's not a big deal. Sometimes I use the cargo net (6 hook) that I bought at the dealer and secure the backpack on the seat behind me.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:16 PM
r0cker
Intermediate

Ended up with the Harley solo swing arm bag. Even though the description says "except FXCW/C" It works perfectly on the Rocker... you just need to cover/remove the reflector. The bag is awesome... sturdy leather and back support so bag holds its form, and they priced it wrong at the dealer, so got it for $119. Really nice bag!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Solo bag for laptop and lunch, for a Rocker?-photo-3.jpg  
Old 09-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Biker's Friend
Former Sponsor

Check out the Biker's Friend Luggage. Back support and storage all in one. Fits perfect on the Rocker. Usually medium or medium large is the best size.

http://www.bikersfriend.com/pages/ha...Softail Family

Quick Reply: Solo bag for laptop and lunch, for a Rocker?