Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy or Blackline

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Hamperdiver
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatboy or Blackline

I am looking to buy a 2012 fatboy or blackline. I like the overall look and riding position of the fatboy but I like the style of the blackline better. However, I'm not sure how I feel about the handlebars, riding position and skinny tires on the blackline. I am torn because I know I will like the fatboy but the blackline seems like after a week I will either love it or hate it.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:44 PM
TattedUp
Tourer

I'd go fatboy, lotta guys go with the socal gangster look, I think they look pretty sweet. I really haven't seen a blackline fixed up that I would ride. IMHO!

Old 08-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fatboy would be my choice.
Seen a Blackline sitting at the dealers a few times.
Does nothing for me.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:51 PM
poppavein
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always plan on changing handlebars and the seat when I buy a bike. Either bike will be just the canvas for your artistic mods. You *will* be changing things, so think about what the end result will be and which bike will be a good base for it.

It might only take a day to see which one you like. See if you can rent them so you can compare.

You won't go wrong with either choice.

Fatter tires are just for looks. Skinnier tires weigh less and handle better.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:54 PM
yellowpearlfb
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Fatboy! I don't have anything aganist the blackline, I just like the FB better.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:57 PM
no_barcode
Advanced

I just went through the same thing. I settled on a Blackline; but I actually like the narrow banana bars and skinny tires. I also really like the color combinations of the rocker box, heads, and cylinders, and am quite fond of the triple tree with the curved front. Those subtle details that seem to bug some people about the Blackline are exactly what I like about it.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Hamperdiver
Cruiser

I am particularly fond of the unchained limited paint on the blackline if I can still get it...

Old 08-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Cool 2012 fatboy

i would get the 2012 fatboy vivid black

Old 08-28-2011, 04:36 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by poppavein
I always plan on changing handlebars and the seat when I buy a bike. Either bike will be just the canvas for your artistic mods. You *will* be changing things, so think about what the end result will be and which bike will be a good base for it.

It might only take a day to see which one you like. See if you can rent them so you can compare.

You won't go wrong with either choice.

Fatter tires are just for looks. Skinnier tires weigh less and handle better.
Fatter tires are not just for looks. Ever get a skinny tire caught up in those seams in the road? How about going through construction where they have planed the road? A fat tire will handle these situations better then a skinny. As far as picking out a bike though, you can't go wrong with a fatboy, the blackline your are taking a chance, but it's a very personal choice. I think you would be a lot more limited with the blackline, where as you can get endless mods for the fatboy. IMHO

Old 08-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Tally
Novice

Fatboy for sure. I like how the blackline looks but comfortwise the boy will take the cake. You could ride the boy everyday in or tour the us while still being practical. I bet money that you would not put near the miles on the blackline. It has the lowest seating position out of any softail produced right now, with the closest handelbars. This looks cool as hell but the ride would not be as good. It also from what I hear is not so good at lower speeds compared to the fat boy. But once again man it sure does look good. I guess the question goes more for you of if you want more style or comort?

Quick Reply: Fatboy or Blackline