Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Military MICH/ACH Type Helmet Strap

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:21 PM
spdmtlrcng
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Military MICH/ACH Type Helmet Strap

Does anyone know of anybody that sells a MICH or ACH type strap for a motorcycle helmet? They use these chin straps on helmets worn by the military and are a lot more comfortable than traditional neck straps. I have jumped out of planes with one on and ridden long distances at high speeds while wearing one in a turret so I don't understand why someone wouldn't use this design.

Attached Thumbnails Military MICH/ACH Type Helmet Strap-gunfightercut.jpg  
Old 08-26-2011, 12:17 AM
alika808
Tourer

Originally Posted by spdmtlrcng
Does anyone know of anybody that sells a MICH or ACH type strap for a motorcycle helmet? They use these chin straps on helmets worn by the military and are a lot more comfortable than traditional neck straps. I have jumped out of planes with one on and ridden long distances at high speeds while wearing one in a turret so I don't understand why someone wouldn't use this design.

yup i got what your saying been there done that and if u ever find someone selling what your looking for please hit me up and let me know ill buy it for sure. thanks bro

Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 AM
spdmtlrcng
Advanced

Originally Posted by alika808
yup i got what your saying been there done that and if u ever find someone selling what your looking for please hit me up and let me know ill buy it for sure. thanks bro
Seems like an obvious choice right? DOT regs prolly has something to do with it but I bet it would test the same if not better. I would like to see some numbers. I have an old Vega that I dont use and a LG Gentex chin strap. Im gonna try and mock something up. I'll post it when Im done in a few days.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:35 PM
alika808
Tourer

Originally Posted by spdmtlrcng
Seems like an obvious choice right? DOT regs prolly has something to do with it but I bet it would test the same if not better. I would like to see some numbers. I have an old Vega that I dont use and a LG Gentex chin strap. Im gonna try and mock something up. I'll post it when Im done in a few days.

for sure u maybe on to something ill be waiting for what u come out with