Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chevron Gas

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:26 PM
lewintennessee
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevron Gas

Filled up with 93 octane and ran a tank through with no problems. Re-filled the tank and went out the other day. Had to slow down and when I went to speed back up bike missed. I did not romp on it when i accelerated but it still missed. Tried accelerating back up smoothly and had no problems but noticed since the miss the check engine light will come on at no particular time. Whether going through the gears or just cruising it will come on for a minute and then go back out. Bike starts and runs fine, no more missing, and fuel mileage has not been affected. Was wondering about the techrolene they put in their fuel and maybe it cleaned out a partially clogged injector or something. Has any one had similar experiences with the gas or the on again off again check engine light?? Sorry this is a 04 fat boy we are talking about.

Last edited by lewintennessee; 08-24-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:16 PM
tmilo1000
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you tried other brands? Is this the regular station you go to?

I always get the best gas available when I fill up. I use Chevron probably 60% of the time. Could just be a coincidence...maybe one of the injectors is clogged a little. Throw in some injector cleaner and see if that helps.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:21 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

All comes from the same refinery.

What makes you think the gas the blame? (I'm only asking, reading it back makes me look like a gas snob or something. I'm not could care less)

Old 08-24-2011, 02:29 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I run chevron gas all the time and will not put any other brand in my tank... I had a gift card once and put some shell gas in my bike and the next day while the bike was cold it was sputtering and coughing??? top it off with chevron and it went away. Try shell again just to see and the same thing happened... Maybe it's just my bike but she like chevron and thats what she gets.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:40 PM
fishcop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gas

I use strictly cheveron and bike runs just fine. Wish I could get 93 octane can only get 91 here. Occasionally I'll run a tank of Rebel 100 octane, that gets the old motor purring! You may have just gotten some not so good gas. Or was the station refilling their tanks? Somtimes that stirs up the junk on the bottom and you might have picked some of it up.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Had the same thing happen with sunoco last week, filled at a shell and went away, refilled at another sunoco and no problems. The problem is at the station, wait a few weeks and they should have purged the bad gas out

Old 08-24-2011, 07:49 PM
TheTroupe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in southern New Hampshire we have two or three or four places where you can get "racing" fuel. It is the best. Or as we say here it's wicked. Like Fishcop said 100 octane gets the old motor purring. You got to go out of your way to find it but if you have a high compression engine, it's the only way to roll.

My '03 is stock, low compression, but an occasional gallon or two for the "high test" keeps her happy.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:08 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Only 93 or better in my sled

Old 08-24-2011, 08:17 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That racing fuel is badass!! I put it in mine and on beach run days, the boys behind me say they can see flame from the pipes on hard decel when we roll thru the tunnels.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Luckly here in Louisiana we can still get gas without ethenal. That's what you really need.

Quick Reply: Chevron Gas