Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a louder horn. Looking at the "Freeway Blaster"

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,493 Likes on 2,678 Posts
Default I need a louder horn. Looking at the "Freeway Blaster"

Gang - My neighbor thinks my horn is weak, so I took that as a challenge.

I have the "Air Wing" horn cover (hate the cowbell), and the stock horn fits fine inside it. I dont want the expense of the air horns, just looking for a louder toot.

I saw some other threads and found this horn: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DINKPQ, other bikers seem to have used it but I'm curious if anyone here has tried it. I'm concerned about whether it will fit. At about $15 including next day shipping I ordered it, but I'm hoping it will fit.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Last edited by Keithhu; 08-24-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:13 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Freeway Blaster horns are decent. They were louder than my stock horn on my truck. But honestly, my bike's horn is louder than both of those.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:56 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My horn is laying in a spare parts bucket in my garage. Used it maybe 6 times in 43,000+ miles. Useless extra weight.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:48 PM
95yj
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jreichart
My horn is laying in a spare parts bucket in my garage. Used it maybe 6 times in 43,000+ miles. Useless extra weight.
While my horn is still on my bike, I don't know that I don't agree with this statement. Usually when I need to use my horn because a cager is trying to kill me I'm too busy grabbing handfuls of clutch and brakes to be worried about pressing another button. The horn gets used afterwards if at all when it has about the same effect as flipping the bird and nothing to do with attempting to get the cager to respect our right of way.

There's a lot of real loud horns out there. Problem is that the ones that fit under the stock cover are not much better than the stock horn and the ones that replace the stock cover and are louder are butt ugly.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:08 PM
50ronnie
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keithhu, please let us know 1) if the "Freeway Blaster" will fit in the air wing design horn cover and 2) if it is indeed louder than stock.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 50ronnie
Keithhu, please let us know 1) if the "Freeway Blaster" will fit in the air wing design horn cover and 2) if it is indeed louder than stock.
I sure will

Old 08-24-2011, 05:14 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

I have the "mini beast" air horn and I use it often !

Old 08-24-2011, 06:15 PM
WFA
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by keithhu
gang - my neighbor thinks my horn is weak, so i took that as a challenge.

i have the "air wing" horn cover (hate the cowbell), and the stock horn fits fine inside it. I dont want the expense of the air horns, just looking for a louder toot.

I saw some other threads and found this horn: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/b000dinkpq, other bikers seem to have used it but i'm curious if anyone here has tried it. I'm concerned about whether it will fit. At about $15 including next day shipping i ordered it, but i'm hoping it will fit.

Anyone?

Thanks!
I bought the high tone version at advance auto at about $15. It is labled at 132 decibels and makes decent sound...a tad louder than my stock horn. It is the exact same size as the stock horn and will fit your application fine. Hd wire ends plug right up. Woody

Old 08-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Great. I bought the low one, should be interesting!

Originally Posted by WFA
I bought the high tone version at advance auto at about $15. It is labled at 132 decibels and makes decent sound...a tad louder than my stock horn. It is the exact same size as the stock horn and will fit your application fine. Hd wire ends plug right up. Woody

Old 06-01-2012, 10:16 AM
AmericanMuscle
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered my mini beast! Is it a bolt on and plug in? Can I do it myself or does a dealer need to do it?

Quick Reply: I need a louder horn. Looking at the "Freeway Blaster"