Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White paint has sprayed up on my black denim Fat Boy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Scheers44
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Do not put any wax or polish type item on ur denim paint as it does not have a clearcoat so u will end up with a distorted finish and u will be SUPER pissed! Get with a good local detailer or painter and they'll have a usable product. The only product I got at shop here you wouldn't wanna spend the $$ on.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:42 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry you don't know who did it because if you did it would be pretty easy to prove they did it unlike skulltrain advises.....the proof is on the bike. There are ways to get people to pay up.... I If you could retrace your steps you might find them. Anyway again good luck I know how you feel and unlike skulltrain I would do something about it. Thats if I knew who did it.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:50 PM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

would try a strong car wash or dawn dishwash soluting and scrub with a terrycloth towel think rubbing compounds would polish up the paint and make it shiny . Would soak the towel and keep it really wet with soap and moderate pressure and see if the white lifts. If its pretty loight mist it might work pretty well.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:03 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

theres this product called "Goof Off" and its like magic in a can. it is a solvent, but i have never seen it damage any original paint or surface. its relatively cheap and you can buy it at any hardware store, or maybe even wally world. try it on a spot that wouldn't be noticed or seen first though. i have had it take off paint splatters on hard wood floors and the most it ever did was dull the urethane.. it will take off tar and hard bug splatters also. since you don't want it to shine it shouldn't hurt it.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Green Hornet
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a product called goo gone as well. I believe this product is a citrus based product. I used this on all the goey crap that was left when I stripped off those ugly street reflectors that harley stick on our bikes.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Clay bar is the ticket. It is non-abrasive and the detail spray you use as a lube is not a wax. Clay barring is a learned art though. Practice on something else first. You need enough lubricant so that the bar doesn't "drag" on the paint, but not so much that is "swims" on the surface either. You've got it right when is glides on the paint but you feel a bit of resistance when you come to a surface impurity. Knead the bar before every use, and several times while using. If you drop it on the ground, throw it away and start over. A good way to perfect your technique is to purposely overspray a car window and practice on that. Even if you never figure it out, you can always remove the spray from glass with a razor blade.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:32 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Denim paint=ANY rubbing will ruin the finish.

How about ALOT of rubbing alcohol on it to loosen it up then dob it with a clean rag?

No smoking when doing this of course!

~Joe

Old 08-16-2011, 11:56 PM
kh24
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lacquer thinner should get it off since its fresh. the paint on the bike is cured so the thinner shouldn't bother it. I use lacquer thinner on a lot of things to get rid of over spray or marks. works great if you got any over spray on chrome. try it in a small spot first and use a small amount on a soft clean cloth.