Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swing Arm Saddle Bags: Where To Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:01 AM
RadarRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Swing Arm Saddle Bags: Where To Buy?

When it comes down to getting certain accessories for my sled, I try to keep an even balance of form & function. Basically what I'm trying to say is: "Not only does the particular piece I'm buying need to do what it needs to do, it's also gotta look good."

When it comes down to riding, I don't go super-far distances. My rides usually average about 300mi round trip, & with the way my life's going, I don't have enough time to plan a trip to go somewhere where I'd need 2 large saddlebags for a clean change of clothes, rain gear, etc. Most of the time, all I carry with me is a sweatshirt, night glasses, gloves, cell phone, & an extra pack of smokes. Buying 2 small/med/large bags to me is just overkill. Having said this, though.................currently not having saddle bags, I stuff all my **** in 1 of my wife's many storage bags she's got on her FX Springer.

I've noticed a lot of the bar-hopper bikes have this single saddlebag that mounts on the left side of the bike. These are perfect for what I needs. Who gots it & do they come in brown leather?

Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 AM
ofishbein
Advanced

Leatherworks has swingarm bags in 3" and 5" depths and they offer a brown option. They have quick-release plastic buckles under traditional straps for efficiency - but you lose a bit of authenticity. I ended up having a custom one made when having a seat redone so the leather matched and the buckles were the real deal. If you are OK with the hidden plastic releases, the Leatherworks bags are very good quality.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:29 AM
captainron62
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got the HD version, like it real well. There was one yesterday posted in the classifieds on the forums here you may want to check out.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:46 AM
jed1069
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one from www.garageleathers.com

Attached Thumbnails Swing Arm Saddle Bags: Where To Buy?-new-seat-4.jpg   Swing Arm Saddle Bags: Where To Buy?-p6290592.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 08:52 AM
RadarRider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ofishbein
Leatherworks has swingarm bags in 3" and 5" depths and they offer a brown option. They have quick-release plastic buckles under traditional straps for efficiency - but you lose a bit of authenticity. I ended up having a custom one made when having a seat redone so the leather matched and the buckles were the real deal. If you are OK with the hidden plastic releases, the Leatherworks bags are very good quality.
I'll check it out, man. Thanx!
Originally Posted by jed1069
I have one from www.garageleathers.com
That's the bags I like & I especially like the buckle on your's. I'm going to check these out as well.
Originally Posted by captainron62
I got the HD version, like it real well. There was one yesterday posted in the classifieds on the forums here you may want to check out.
Is it small like jed's & otisbein's? If so, I'll give 'er a look. Where's that post?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:42 AM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are the options mentioned and a couple more with links:
  1. Fox Creek Leather
  2. Garage Leathers
  3. HD Softail Swingarm Bag (Tan)
  4. HD Softail Swingarm Bag (Black)
  5. Leatherworks

Last edited by DragonSlayer08; 08-15-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:49 AM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

Sounds like a good time to plug the great Dr. V-twin.....

Drew will get you what you need

Old 08-15-2011, 10:57 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

If you want to carry a fair amount of stuff the Leatherworks 5" version is the best. Their stuff is really nice. I have seen most other brands in person as well and I like theirs the most. I ran the 3" Leatherworks on my bike and it worked well for me.
http://www.drvtwin.com/eshopitems_ca..._solo_bags.htm

Drew

Old 08-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Jaburg1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Love my swingarm bag....perfect for what I need it for. Not to mention that it looks good!

Old 08-15-2011, 12:26 PM
tq745
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do these bags work with the true duals exhaust?

Quick Reply: Swing Arm Saddle Bags: Where To Buy?