Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hog deluxe bags

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011 | 02:03 PM
utz
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default hog deluxe bags

thinking of pulling the trigger on some hog deluxe bags real soon if you guys are running them are ya happy with them and do you have any reccomendations for me before I buy them .do ya think I need to go with the locking ones or not.thanks in advance.do they give a better price for forum members?

Old 08-15-2011 | 06:36 AM
rockercsx
Advanced

Definetly a quality product. Workmanship is right on and fitment is perfect. I didn't get the locking hatch but the bag itself locks to the bike.

Old 08-15-2011 | 10:28 AM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't have Hog Deluxe but I do have the HD lockable Deluxe bags. (Hog Deluxe are better btw) I would suggest locking bags since they would give you more peace of mind when you park and have valuables in them. Also, definitely get a detachable kit.

Old 08-15-2011 | 10:59 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Hit me up and I should be able to save you a few bucks on them. I have seen them in person and the quality is top notch. Hog Deluxe makes leather horse saddles too which si where his expertise comes from with leatherworking.

Drew

Old 08-15-2011 | 11:24 AM
Phantomryder
Road Master

I purchased a set of HogDeluxe Springer bags in the spring and I love them. Excellent quality and the bags are huge. The quick release mount is great for easy off and on. He was willing to work with me and added the black studs to the bags that matched my Mustang seat. The only issue I had is that I had a set of the axle nut covers on my Heritage and it rubbed a part of the edge off. Would recommend HogDeluxe bags...

Old 08-15-2011 | 12:14 PM
usefulshrimp
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Phantomryder
I purchased a set of HogDeluxe Springer bags in the spring and I love them. Excellent quality and the bags are huge. The quick release mount is great for easy off and on. He was willing to work with me and added the black studs to the bags that matched my Mustang seat. The only issue I had is that I had a set of the axle nut covers on my Heritage and it rubbed a part of the edge off. Would recommend HogDeluxe bags...
Do you have any pics with them on your bike that you could share? I'm also considering getting a set of the springer bags.

Old 08-15-2011 | 04:58 PM
utz
|
Outstanding HDF Member

ordered them today niced guy to deal with hope they come soon.

Old 08-15-2011 | 07:40 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

Which ones did you get? Locks or no locks?

Originally Posted by utz
ordered them today niced guy to deal with hope they come soon.

Old 08-15-2011 | 08:20 PM
utz
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by WarriorHD
Which ones did you get? Locks or no locks?
i went with the ones without the locks i really dont park my bike for long periods of time anywhere.

Old 08-15-2011 | 08:38 PM
vis22
Advanced

I just put the old school springer bags on my deluxe a few weeks ago. Excellent quality, great looking and tons of room. Only small gripe was that they took about two months to deliver. He said that he was having trouble getting parts from suppliers. Really worth it though in the end.

I didn't think locks were available on this model bag. It doesn't mention it in the ad.

Quick Reply: hog deluxe bags