Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHITE WALL 120/70/21 METZ, Avon, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 07:30 PM
Fabrikator
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dbtires
Hello everyone,

It is true that for right now I cannot offer M/C tires. The reason is simple: they are incredibly time consuming to process, especially when I have at least 10 other things to focus on at the same time. With that being said, I am NOT out of the game on whitewall M/C tires. Disregard the obvious contradiction and, most importantly, stay tuned...

Tab Chapman
Originally Posted by Fabrikator
I'm quoting myself here. I wanna see if anyone has got an update from Tab regarding WW.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the new tires are going to be $600...its like drugs, once you get hooked the price keeps going up, hes just letting everybody feind hard for a few months to loosen up those wallets..of course Im joking.

I talked to a couple of the tire companies and they cried about existing line modifications and demand...etc but if guys keep sending emails to marketing who knows, maybe one day.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Scootluver
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope soon, I'm about due for some new tires pretty soon. My avons from Tab are awesome. Only setup I can go too are Vee if Tab don't get this thing rolling again. I hear Vee quality has stepped up a bit since they first hit the scene. But my confidence was shaken when my buddy's front Vee had the thread just come off about 2 years ago. Supposedly the shop told him via the warranty claim that the older tires weren't made for warmer weather's. He lives out in the Inland empire and I remember it was a scorching day out there. But they said it was the older beginning batches. Just wondering if its true that they stepped up their game in regards to reliability and quality control?? But I still wouldn't mind another Avon set from Tab either.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Fabrikator
Tourer

Originally Posted by Scootluver
I hope soon, I'm about due for some new tires pretty soon. My avons from Tab are awesome. Only setup I can go too are Vee if Tab don't get this thing rolling again. I hear Vee quality has stepped up a bit since they first hit the scene. But my confidence was shaken when my buddy's front Vee had the thread just come off about 2 years ago. Supposedly the shop told him via the warranty claim that the older tires weren't made for warmer weather's. He lives out in the Inland empire and I remember it was a scorching day out there. But they said it was the older beginning batches. Just wondering if its true that they stepped up their game in regards to reliability and quality control?? But I still wouldn't mind another Avon set from Tab either.
No doubt, I think its time to replace the 21x2.15 on mine with a 21x3.5. guess I'll try my luck with the Vee, until Tab or someone else comes up with a Metz solution

Old 02-16-2014, 05:42 PM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little off track but for a stock 21x2.15 who would you guys recommend for a whitewall?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Fabrikator
Tourer

Originally Posted by BB06FLHX
Little off track but for a stock 21x2.15 who would you guys recommend for a whitewall?
Metz forsure.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:08 PM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior

Thank you Fabrikator.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Cembo
Advanced

Just like many other fellow riders, I too have been desperately waiting for a decent alternative to WWW Vee Rubbers in 120/70/21. Being in marketing myself, I took the initiative and wrote Metzeler a lengthy email on the unmet need in the marketplace and asked whether they had any plans to launch a new 21" WWW in the near future. Hats off for providing a response within just a few days, and it reads like this...

Hello

We started introducing the new ME888 last year with 10 new blackwall sizes, and we expect to bring in about 16 new ME888 sizes this year. What is important here to understand is that we will bring the most popular sizes to the market in a structured release over the next few years and slowly phase out those same ME880 sizes along with introducing new sizes. For 2014 our focus in custom fronts is the new 120/60-23 ME888 along with 15 other popular F&R sizes that will be added to the range. Today we do not have plans to bring in a 120/70-21 WWW tire anytime in the near future due to the much larger demand for the other sizes, but we will evaluate the request and we see what happens in 2015. Thanks for the e-mail and have a great day.

NA Metzeler M/C Tires Consumer Affairs

Unfortunately, another year with no hope for a 21" Metz!
Not sure if I am surprised about it but interesting to see that the custom scene is proving a higher demand for 23" tires than all of us desperate knuckleheads combined! May be it is time to start an initiative where every forum member sends Metz, Avon, Pirelli, Dunlop etc. an individual email reminding them of the opportunity they're clearly missing... Just a thought

Old 02-17-2014, 07:03 PM
Cembo
Advanced

.... btw this thread has over 11k views! Do the math...

Old 02-17-2014, 08:35 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

I share your frustration and I had sent Metz a letter several months ago on the same issue. You got more detail than I did, but I can't believe there is more demand for a 23" compared to the 120/70-21 that we are all waiting for. Unbelievable! I really don't want to go the Vee route. SJ Ron

Last edited by SanJuanRon; 02-17-2014 at 08:37 PM.

Quick Reply: WHITE WALL 120/70/21 METZ, Avon, etc.