Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHITE WALL 120/70/21 METZ, Avon, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 08:01 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks really good. So what did the tire end up costing to have done?

Old 08-08-2011, 08:14 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

It was $298 altogether guys. Who is not following the thread? It is in here somewhere. Price of teh tire plus $75 per each side of the white wall.

Drew

Old 08-08-2011, 08:20 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

+1 Drew, yeah, I paid $148 for the Metz, then they added $75 per WW. So, I paid rite at $300. If you want a Avon, its higher because the tire cost more. But the WW is the same, $75 per side.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:32 PM
thaghost
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$300 pretty steep for one tire....

Old 03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thaghost
$300 pretty steep for one tire....
Or you can pay $200 for a V rubber that won't last and will likely discolor. For the mileage you'll get out of a Metz of Avon, you'll burn up at least 2 V-Rubbers. So in the end, it's not a bad price.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:24 PM
thaghost
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
Or you can pay $200 for a V rubber that won't last and will likely discolor. For the mileage you'll get out of a Metz of Avon, you'll burn up at least 2 V-Rubbers. So in the end, it's not a bad price.
I know.....it's just when I paid $235 a tire for the tires on my truck...little resistance to pay $300 for something thats about 1/4 of the size of the tire on my truck haha

Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by thaghost
I know.....it's just when I paid $235 a tire for the tires on my truck...little resistance to pay $300 for something thats about 1/4 of the size of the tire on my truck haha
Hey brother, I know...I had the same exact thoughts! LOL In fact when a buddy ask about them, that was pretty much my exact quote, "I could have bought truck tires for what these cost."

But then when I figured what the options were and knew a Metz or Avon would at least double the life span of the one alternative, I was convinced to pull the trigger. And with these low profile tires there aren't any other options if you want a white wall.

Last edited by NC D'LUXE; 03-13-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior

And the quality that Tab does to a AVON or Metz, it was a NO-Brainer for me. When I paid $200 for a Piece of Crap VEE, I thought, why not pay $100 more for PERFECTION. And you can ask everyone on here who has a Diamond Back tire if its not PERFECT. Even the process of taking off the blue is simple. And Tab takes the WW to the bead of the wheel, so you get the fattest WW you can get on a 16, 18 or 21 inch tire. He also said he could do a 23 inch WW. I sent him a company that does Baggers and customers was wanting a 23 inch WW, so I sent the bagger company to DB.

And just for argument sake, his customer service is worth the extra $100 ALL DAY LONG. Other companies need to take notes on how to take care of customers, like Tab does. PERIOD

Last edited by CountryD; 03-13-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:44 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior

For everybody checking out Deans and Kozys tires, if you have questions or dont believe us that have dealt with Tab, just give the guy a call, he will answer every question and then some. You wont regret dealing with Tab at DIAMOND BACK TIRES IN SOUTH CAROLINA

Old 03-13-2012, 09:48 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CountryD
And the quality that Tab does to a AVON or Metz, it was a NO-Brainer for me. When I paid $200 for a Piece of Crap VEE, I thought, why not pay $100 more for PERFECTION. And you can ask everyone on here who has a Diamond Back tire if its not PERFECT. Even the process of taking off the blue is simple. And Tab takes the WW to the bead of the wheel, so you get the fattest WW you can get on a 16, 18 or 21 inch tire. He also said he could do a 23 inch WW. I sent him a company that does Baggers and customers was wanting a 23 inch WW, so I sent the bagger company to DB.

And just for argument sake, his customer service is worth the extra $100 ALL DAY LONG. Other companies need to take notes on how to take care of customers. PERIOD
Absolutely! Agree 150% and wish I could have spoke it so well brother! Tab and Diamond Back is nothing short of PERFECTION! Just like when I had my brake fluid spit all over my rear tire/wheel and stained my white wall....Tab was right there on the phone to explain my options and calmed me down like someone I've known my entire life and he didn't care how long we were on the phone.

He not only told me about some options, but spent a long time on the phone explaining the process and giving me instructions. Tell me some catalog sales person that would even know what to tell you, let alone even care?

Had option 1 not worked, he even offered to take the tire back and if he wasn't able to fix it with his process, he offered to replaced the white wall.

It just doesn't get any better than that when it comes to customer service and having a personal relationship with every single customer he deals with. Well worth the extra $100 and I'll be buying my next set from Diamond Back Tires!

Last edited by NC D'LUXE; 03-13-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply: WHITE WALL 120/70/21 METZ, Avon, etc.