Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Heritage aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Kuminatcha
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Heritage aftermarket exhaust

Looking for some help with getting some aftermarket exhaust for my 2012 Heritage perferrably Rinehart. I purchased the bike last week and ordered Rinehart slipons which were supposed to fit. After two days I was told by my dealer that they will not fit and there are no aftermarket pipes that fit my bike yet. Rinehart thought the pipes would work but for some reason and something to do with the brackets they will not. Has anyone else had this expierence with the 2012's or and I the 1st to have this pleasure. Thanks for any help

Old 08-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Luwise
Advanced

I read where Rush has slip on mufflers for the 2012 models and Im sure Vance and Hines has them also.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Kuminatcha
Intermediate
Default No

Originally Posted by Luwise
I read where Rush has slip on mufflers for the 2012 models and Im sure Vance and Hines has them also.
They claim that neither has them for my model as of now.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuminatcha
Looking for some help with getting some aftermarket exhaust for my 2012 Heritage perferrably Rinehart. I purchased the bike last week and ordered Rinehart slipons which were supposed to fit. After two days I was told by my dealer that they will not fit and there are no aftermarket pipes that fit my bike yet. Rinehart thought the pipes would work but for some reason and something to do with the brackets they will not. Has anyone else had this expierence with the 2012's or and I the 1st to have this pleasure. Thanks for any help
Another possible option is to send your mufflers to American Custom Exhaust Systems In Conn. They have a process where they core your mufflers and they have multiple baffle options so you pick the sound level you like. Advantages - great sound in the mid-range baffles but not enough to annoy you or others, you still have your epa stamp on it (required by many cities/states), runs great and it's very reasonable - around 200 bucks or less depending on options you choose. My brother and I both did this to our bikes and we love the results. My brother lives nearby so we went down and picked ours up, nice shop and very nice folks. If you want to keep your mufflers orig., they have matching blanks you can buy (they have some blems also that are way cheaper/exact matches which we went with and we could hardly find any scratches-good deal) Ride safe. ps they are a supporter of this site.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:05 PM
the jacobite
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just had th same prob with vance and hines for my 2012 fat boy been told its the sensor port

Old 08-08-2011, 11:25 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Last week while looking at the Switchback, I asked the dealer about Rineharts for it. He stated that on a lot of the 2012 models, the only thing that will fit other than stock is the Screaming Eagle slip-ons. They've done something that the aftermarket hasn't caught up with yet.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:03 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by the jacobite
just had th same prob with vance and hines for my 2012 fat boy been told its the sensor port
That port is in the Headers not the mufflers.. So wondering why would the Slip ons not fit??

Old 08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Blazer500
1st Gear
Default Rinehart Slip-Ons on 2012 Heritage

My dealer today installed them on my 2012 Heritage simply by drilling 2 additional holes in the bike bracket and repositioning the pipes just slightly. They look and sound great.

Last edited by Blazer500; 08-11-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Kuminatcha
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Blazer500
My dealer today installed them on my 2012 Heritage simply by drilling 2 additional holes in the bike bracket and repositioning the pipes just slightly. They look and sound great.
Did they mention anything about the O2 sensor? From what I was told by Rinehart the pipes for this bike are being tested right now and it may take a while. Sure do wish I could get mine put on but I'd be worried about voiding the warranty or some other bs. Wish you well

Old 08-12-2011, 02:49 PM
the jacobite
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

was getting the headers replaced as getting the complete system fitted but we have a posible solution get blanking plugs drill and tap to 02 sensor size fit plug into header screw sensor into plug! sounds simple will give feed back when it gets fitted prob tues next week

Quick Reply: 2012 Heritage aftermarket exhaust