Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Heritage aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Rodzilla6
Another possible option is to send your mufflers to American Custom Exhaust Systems In Conn. They have a process where they core your mufflers and they have multiple baffle options so you pick the sound level you like. Advantages - great sound in the mid-range baffles but not enough to annoy you or others, you still have your epa stamp on it (required by many cities/states), runs great and it's very reasonable - around 200 bucks or less depending on options you choose. My brother and I both did this to our bikes and we love the results. My brother lives nearby so we went down and picked ours up, nice shop and very nice folks. If you want to keep your mufflers orig., they have matching blanks you can buy (they have some blems also that are way cheaper/exact matches which we went with and we could hardly find any scratches-good deal) Ride safe. ps they are a supporter of this site.
Only problem with American Custom is that if the mufflers are like the one's on the 2011 on up Fatboys the cat is in the muffler and American Customs can't retro fit them.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:52 AM
Blazer500
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kuminatcha, the Dealer did not mention anything about the O2 sensor. I was also concerned that they wouldn't fit but just by drilling 2 additional holes in each bracket on the bike the problem was resolved. Now they look like they are made for it and I'm confident you won't void your warranty. Best of luck.

Last edited by Blazer500; 08-13-2011 at 05:57 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:28 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuminatcha
Looking for some help with getting some aftermarket exhaust for my 2012 Heritage perferrably Rinehart. I purchased the bike last week and ordered Rinehart slipons which were supposed to fit. After two days I was told by my dealer that they will not fit and there are no aftermarket pipes that fit my bike yet. Rinehart thought the pipes would work but for some reason and something to do with the brackets they will not. Has anyone else had this expierence with the 2012's or and I the 1st to have this pleasure. Thanks for any help
Here is a web site that may solve your fit issue, sound and flexibility issues, www.americancustoms.com. Many good reviews on these guys. I plan on doing mine this winter when my bike is down for the season.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:28 PM
SpringerMt
Stage I
Default Heritage Softail exhaust

All of you are not alone. I recently purchased a 2012 Heritage Softy, Had my Harley Dealer sweetin the Motor, Heads,Woods Cams, Pistons etc. Mechanic got ready to install the new Black hi output 2 into 1 Vance & Hines Pipe and guess what Harley did...change the oxygen sensor bungs etc. so the pipe would not work, I was so fricken mad I could cut the jewels off of whoever came up with that grand idea. Vance & Hines said a new pipe is being built ready this winter, but for now all those ponies are tied up...bummer. Disgusted..hurry up and wait, good thing winter is comein...Montana rider...SpringerMt..

Old 08-30-2011, 03:19 PM
103power
Advanced

So will Slip Ons fit on 2012's?

Old 08-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Kuminatcha
Intermediate
Default Rush

To my knowledge the only slipons that will fit the 12 softtails is Rush. Had mine installed last week and am happy for now.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:52 AM
kickfiend
6th Gear

Having this problem with my dyna. It sucks.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:11 PM
103power
Advanced

Originally Posted by kickfiend
Having this problem with my dyna. It sucks.
With a full exhaust or slip ons?

Old 09-06-2011, 04:59 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The aftermarket is doing its best to catch up with all the changes that Harley has continued to make to their bikes. As soon as any systems are available I will be notifying all forum members.

Drew

Old 09-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Rogator
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great site thanks.

Quick Reply: 2012 Heritage aftermarket exhaust