Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who knew pink could beat the choppers :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011 | 06:02 PM
studiopeg
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TWNomad
Actually the Krylon Fusion for plastic works Very well for plastic and won't chip or come off. I've used it on several auto projects and have yet to be disappointed. They even have pink and white Oh and Congrats on the Win!

http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/
Oh I actually have some of that, I forgot I got the pink for a project. But it's a flat pepto bismal pink - I think the white will work. Thanks!

Old 08-08-2011 | 06:26 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member

The white will be beautiful - Do it!!!

Old 08-08-2011 | 07:42 PM
TWNomad
Cruiser

Cool! Post some pics when you done so we can see how it turned out.

Old 08-08-2011 | 08:40 PM
waszo1262
Advanced

Studiopeg, I hope your considering the limited edition 'pinkwall' tires Harley currently has available for order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbdb580CLgI

Old 08-08-2011 | 08:55 PM
studiopeg
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by waszo1262
Studiopeg, I hope your considering the limited edition 'pinkwall' tires Harley currently has available for order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbdb580CLgI
Thanks for posting that! I knew about them but had decided against them because if the pink doesn't match my bike's pink very closely it will look all wrong. I was hoping to see some in person first... that video gives me a good idea of the shade. Now if I could only find a dealer who had them I could go see them.

Old 08-08-2011 | 09:10 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by studiopeg
Thanks for posting that! I knew about them but had decided against them because if the pink doesn't match my bike's pink very closely it will look all wrong. I was hoping to see some in person first... that video gives me a good idea of the shade. Now if I could only find a dealer who had them I could go see them.
Well if you want to take a long ride.Moroneys HD in New windsor ,NY.has a set hanging right on the wall.I was there today picking up some chrome goodies.I saw them and thought of you right away.Good excuse for a 3-4 hr ride.

Old 08-18-2011 | 10:31 AM
inaroush
Road Captain

Way to go....

Old 08-19-2011 | 03:40 PM
cryan9
Road Captain

Hey I have an off-topic question everyone: I'm starting to install a GPS tracking & alarm system. Have everything ready but I have to access the rear turn signal connectors. Found where they are located in my manual, but it looks like I will have to remove the fender to get at them. Can anyone verify? Thanks... if that's the case then it's beyond me to install this
Very nice ride and congrats on your trophy. Smart idea installing all of that to protect that investment.

Last edited by cryan9; 08-19-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2011 | 06:09 PM
Augustus
Advanced

OK I will look under the seat tonight, that will be a lot easier, phew. The alarm system is going to be a pain to put in, I am pretty much out of space under my seat and the module has a perimeter sensor, GPS transmitter, siren, and RDIF tracker. I've got all the wiring ready but finding spots for it all will be tough.

Will be a 2 bottles of wine job.

fixed, it's Friday

Old 08-19-2011 | 09:03 PM
studiopeg
|
Road Warrior

I'm at the NH/VT state HOG rally having a great time. Won 2 trophies today, best custom and best of show. Hope to post pics when the rally is over.

Riding the Vermont gaps tomorrow, will be wearing my helmet cam. Alarm works great, I can arm it from my cell phone.

Ride Wright twistas came, should have them on next week.........

Quick Reply: Who knew pink could beat the choppers :)