Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fun yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006 | 10:57 PM
UltraBrian
|
Road Warrior
Default Fun yesterday!

Yesterday (Sat), my Brother-in-law and I rode down to my hometown for the annual celebration. We were riding in the little parade they have and there were 4 other Harley's around us. Most of the bikes in the parade were Metrics. Of course, my Brother-in-law and I were cranking on our throttles while we were creeping along and the other Harley riders "chimed in". Talk about THUNDER!!! MAN!!! My Brother-in-law heard the local MC say "Ladies and Gentleman, there is no mistaking THAT sound!" Made me feel good inside. Had a pretty good time and was a nice ride there and back.

Old 11-12-2006 | 11:03 PM
UltraBrian
|
Road Warrior
Default RE: Fun yesterday!

Posted this topic 3 times by accident. PM'd the Admin to fix it for me. Sorry guys.

Old 11-12-2006 | 11:07 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Sounds like you all had a awesome time

Old 11-14-2006 | 01:00 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Ain't it great!

It's something I take for granted now.. but I can remember the first time on the road on my first harley.. Gorgeous late November day.. Asheville Toy Run in 2001. Started out from a little local shop where my bike was being serviced.. All the sudden all these harleys started rolling in. All kinds.. from rat bikes to customs, to big dressers and everything in between.. except every single one was a 45 V-Twin of some kind but all were H-D.. Shovels, TC's, mostly Evo's, a couple Pans, and a cute petite gal riding in on a flat head with a hardtail frame (she built HERSELF) and rode all over the country on. Being a newbie, I was scared enough to be on a 750lb bike to begin with, but when we all cranked up, it was a feeling I'll never forget.. Loud as hell.. As if I had the only set of baffles in the lot on my humble fishtails. I'll say I felt I had the prettiest dang softail in the croud though.. Guys were checking out the old retro look a lot.. Lot's of compliments. That's a great feeling for a newbie dude who's owned his first harley about a month. It was vendication for the pain and suffering to scrape the dough together to do it. Oh, then came the toyrun and miles of moms, dads and kids waving as we rode by, which I totally didn't know about or expect.. Not a bad day at all. I'd live that day over again in a heartbeat. I was never the same since. [8D] Got the bug.

Old 11-14-2006 | 01:43 PM
smittyp83
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: HeritageBrian

Yesterday (Sat), my Brother-in-law and I rode down to my hometown for the annual celebration. We were riding in the little parade they have and there were 4 other Harley's around us. Most of the bikes in the parade were Metrics. Of course, my Brother-in-law and I were cranking on our throttles while we were creeping along and the other Harley riders "chimed in". Talk about THUNDER!!! MAN!!! My Brother-in-law heard the local MC say "Ladies and Gentleman, there is no mistaking THAT sound!" Made me feel good inside. Had a pretty good time and was a nice ride there and back.
I rode with the Patriot Guard this weekend for a local Vet's day parade. Normally, when we ride for funerals, we make sure we lay off of the pipes. This time, the ride leader and the parade folks told us to "make as much noise as we want!". That was fun, cruising down the street, 30+ sets of pipes blaring, car alarms going off all around us - big fun!!!

Old 11-14-2006 | 07:47 PM
Fatbernie
Road Captain

Ain't it great! Life is good.
BA

Old 11-14-2006 | 11:31 PM
softail2005
Road Captain

Sounds like a lot of fun. I have not done a parade yet but may in the future.

Old 11-14-2006 | 11:47 PM
firemankrug
Outstanding HDF Member

That sounds like a great time!