Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about buying a vee rubber 120 70 21 read this

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 01:02 AM
bfleischer
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That i'm sorry is ridiculous and not in a good ridiculous way .

Old 08-08-2011, 11:52 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Any idea what pressure is in the tire? That would seem to be a pressure issue. Regardless, I am aware you are not happy. Good luck with the Diamond back, they look pretty damn nice.

Drew

Old 08-08-2011, 12:28 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default vee rubber

I talked to sam at Ride Wright and he is kind of pissed that i put up this post he looked at the pictures and said that the bead is not popped all the way and i should let the air out soap it and refill it. this could be the problem but i cant live with that jagit edge.I am going to bring the tire and rim to my local shop which is TNT motorsports here in CT and have him check the rim and make sure its ok. If so i will have him remove the vee rubber and ill send it back. i dont think these guys understand how we are about our bikes things like the jagit edge take away from the bike and they expect us to accept this as normal because its a problem for them. i have never seen this on my donlop tires.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:42 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont get how he feels entitled to be pissed, Even if the tyre aint mounted properly, He sent the wheel out like that.,
Which amounts to little or no QC on their part.
[/quote]
Originally Posted by nikonf8
I talked to sam at Ride Wright and he is kind of pissed that i put up this post he looked at the pictures and said that the bead is not popped all the way and i should let the air out soap it and refill it. this could be the problem but i cant live with that jagit edge.I am going to bring the tire and rim to my local shop which is TNT motorsports here in CT and have him check the rim and make sure its ok. If so i will have him remove the vee rubber and ill send it back. i dont think these guys understand how we are about our bikes things like the jagit edge take away from the bike and they expect us to accept this as normal because its a problem for them. i have never seen this on my donlop tires.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:47 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default vee

well one other thing i was wondering was how did they balance the tire it was supposed to be balanced if it was them beads have to be pretty dam good to compensate for that tire not being beaded.is that possible or not i really dont know but it seems it would take an awful lot to compensate for that

Old 08-08-2011, 01:59 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nikonf8
You need to tell the guy removing the tire that there is the possibility that the vee rubber might be a little tight for the tire machine to get off. The one I had was and they scratched my ride wright rim getting it off. If it's to tight for the machine to get off tell him to cut it in order to save the rim. You may want to pass this on to Sam (pissed off) at ride wright to let him know ahead of time.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:36 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default vee

thanks for the heads up

Old 08-08-2011, 03:04 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Nikon, I would send it back to Ride Write and have them dimount the tire. If for any reason the tire and or wheel are damaged from the numb skull that mounted it, its on them. If you have someone else do it its on you even if your guy didnt do the damage. IMO

Stone

Old 08-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Fireman1501
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont see why he should be pissed or upset. His company sold a wheel and tire that was mounted by his company. They should have been the ones to make sure the tire was mounted correctly to make sure your life was in their hands. Geez as much as their wheels are you think they would make sure their first class wheels are truely first class along with service and labor. I think he should have had the wheel sent back to him and at the same time another wheel and tire sent to you so down time was no concern.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:48 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by t stone
Nikon, I would send it back to Ride Write and have them dimount the tire. If for any reason the tire and or wheel are damaged from the numb skull that mounted it, its on them. If you have someone else do it its on you even if your guy didnt do the damage. IMO

Stone
Good points!!! Personally I'd send it all back and demand a full refund. What kind of idiot could have sent that out without even noticing issues? How couldn't have that been seen? They'll lose a lot of business over this BS, and rightfully deserved! There's no excuse for that, none!

Unbelievable

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying a vee rubber 120 70 21 read this