Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really LOVE my Heritage!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 10:50 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,774 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by rsarno
they make a riders backrest that will fit with my stock seat? Am i also able to keep the backseat on as well? or must it be removed?

Thanks!
Yep. I've attached pics, with and without the passenger seat...

Attached Thumbnails I really LOVE my Heritage!!-100_1562.jpg   I really LOVE my Heritage!!-100_1586.jpg  
Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 AM
tukes mountain man
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yap I gota say I love mine too....

Old 08-08-2011, 10:19 AM
BDX2
Advanced

Originally Posted by hdgzr
Yep. I've attached pics, with and without the passenger seat...

That's a sweet set up HDGZR. Is it HD manufactured? What was the price? (if you don't mind) Is it adjustable up & down, Forward and Back?

I'm pretty excited, it seems the Heritage has a lot of easy mods. Not used to that after owning the WG for almost a year. I really don't want to go apeshit on the mods, but comfort is not negotiable. And then maybe the pipes. For now I'm keeping them stock although I miss the rumble. Today I'm going to bring the handlebars back a few inches and see if everything falls into place. I'm only about 5'9" and reaching a little. My back isn't hitting the front of the passenger seat.

Also the heel shifter is new to me. I put my 1st 120 miles on yesterday, and with the big boots it came in handy. I could see myself getting used to it, (probably). If not I'll take it off. The fact that it keeps my foot from hanging off the board at all is a drawback, but I'm hoping moving the bars back will help that issue.

Today I have a little cleaning up to do. Got caught in the rain later yesterday evening. Man what a mess. I'm guessing the only way to clean it right would be taking the sidebags off

Joe

Old 08-08-2011, 11:09 AM
rsarno
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BDX2
That's a sweet set up HDGZR. Is it HD manufactured? What was the price? (if you don't mind) Is it adjustable up & down, Forward and Back?

I'm pretty excited, it seems the Heritage has a lot of easy mods. Not used to that after owning the WG for almost a year. I really don't want to go apeshit on the mods, but comfort is not negotiable. And then maybe the pipes. For now I'm keeping them stock although I miss the rumble. Today I'm going to bring the handlebars back a few inches and see if everything falls into place. I'm only about 5'9" and reaching a little. My back isn't hitting the front of the passenger seat.

Also the heel shifter is new to me. I put my 1st 120 miles on yesterday, and with the big boots it came in handy. I could see myself getting used to it, (probably). If not I'll take it off. The fact that it keeps my foot from hanging off the board at all is a drawback, but I'm hoping moving the bars back will help that issue.

Today I have a little cleaning up to do. Got caught in the rain later yesterday evening. Man what a mess. I'm guessing the only way to clean it right would be taking the sidebags off

Joe
My bike rumbles with the V&H fishies!! People know im coming, when i arrive, and when i leave hehe

I am so used to the heal .. upshifting i never use the toe, just tap back on the heal. Downshifting i use the toe. And nutral i use the toe.

BTW im 6'2 and fit perfectly on this bike, my back also does not really hit passenger seat unless i arch my back a lot.

EDIT, i have quick release bags, and still only take them off every few washes. For the most part i leave them on unless im planning a more indepth detail job.

Last edited by rsarno; 08-08-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Phantomryder
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I fell in love with my wife's Heritage that I traded in my 2009 Street Glide for one. Very comfortable, smooth and like the retro look. I added fishtails, new tank badge, Mustang seat with backrest for those long rides, and a host of other chrome parts. Stay safe on the road...

Old 08-08-2011, 11:27 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Heritage, Heritage, Heritage

All you need is a Heritage.
All you need is a Heritage.
All you need is a Heritage, Heritage.
A Heritage is all you need.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:04 PM
BDX2
Advanced

LOL. No lack of enthusiasm here Thanks Guys.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:16 PM
kzoo
Road Master

I commute about 30 miles each way and love the heritage for that ride!! I have ridden as long as 4 hrs at a time. I have not done much to it yet, it came this way. '04, this is my first year with it!

I really LOVE my Heritage!!-2011-03-30-10.38.31.jpg

Old 08-08-2011, 02:32 PM
rsarno
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kzoo
I commute about 30 miles each way and love the heritage for that ride!! I have ridden as long as 4 hrs at a time. I have not done much to it yet, it came this way. '04, this is my first year with it!

Attachment 200592
We have a lot in common!

I also just got my 04 back in June, my ride to work is also about 25mi, i have also ridden for about 4hrs once!

Though i did GSB kit, and just last week put V&H true duals. Everything else was already done

Old 08-08-2011, 02:51 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,774 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by BDX2

Joe
The backrest is made by Grasshopper, here's the link:http://grasshopperlimited.com/
No adjustment, bracket stays mounted under the two bolts at the back of the rider's seat. The pad just slips in and out. It flexes a little bit, but springs back and retains shape. Fits with passenger pad on or off. I got mine off of Ebay for 99 bucks.
I never could get used to the heel part of the shifter, just use the toe. The back part just keeps my foot from going back farther than it should and keeps it off the primary.

Quick Reply: I really LOVE my Heritage!!