Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really LOVE my Heritage!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 11:19 PM
BDX2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Got Mine Today!!!!

Today I took my WideGlide in for inspection and some minor repair. I've had my eye on the Heritage Classic for awhile. I ended up taking a test ride and wasn't dissapointed. Everything in the right place and it rode nice. The 96 CI motor on my Dyna was just fine, I'm sure it would have worked well on the Heritage.

Well during the test ride, the salesman worked out some numbers with my trade and it was a good enough deal for me. They had 2 white ones and one Blue, which was bought by someone else 5 minutes later. I ended up leaving. Didn't want to make a quick decision anyway. I called the dealer about an hour later to search some 2011's when they told me the guy wasn't taking the blue one.

I drove right up with my title and a check and now it's mine!!!! It rained like a bitch all day today so I left it there. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a window of dry to at leat take it home.

Man what a sweet ride. The support of the passenger seat, bars are perfect, readout of the tach and gear, bags. Windshield. What I'm really looking forward to now is being able to cover some distance comfortably and have what I need on me.

Being I won the WideGlide in a raffle, I didn't do any homework. If I had to do it over again I would have gone straight to the Heritage.

All I'm looking for right now is the right pipes. Here we go again....

Old 08-07-2011, 01:35 PM
rsarno
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BDX2
Today I took my WideGlide in for inspection and some minor repair. I've had my eye on the Heritage Classic for awhile. I ended up taking a test ride and wasn't dissapointed. Everything in the right place and it rode nice. The 96 CI motor on my Dyna was just fine, I'm sure it would have worked well on the Heritage.

Well during the test ride, the salesman worked out some numbers with my trade and it was a good enough deal for me. They had 2 white ones and one Blue, which was bought by someone else 5 minutes later. I ended up leaving. Didn't want to make a quick decision anyway. I called the dealer about an hour later to search some 2011's when they told me the guy wasn't taking the blue one.

I drove right up with my title and a check and now it's mine!!!! It rained like a bitch all day today so I left it there. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a window of dry to at leat take it home.

Man what a sweet ride. The support of the passenger seat, bars are perfect, readout of the tach and gear, bags. Windshield. What I'm really looking forward to now is being able to cover some distance comfortably and have what I need on me.

Being I won the WideGlide in a raffle, I didn't do any homework. If I had to do it over again I would have gone straight to the Heritage.

All I'm looking for right now is the right pipes. Here we go again....
I just did the V&H dual fishtails, standard baffle has perfect tone and volume. I live in a quiet neighborhood and its def loud, but not too loud. But when i twist it ... sheesh!!

call Doc on the phone he will talk you through any questions, and eventually beat any price you find!!

Old 08-07-2011, 01:38 PM
rsarno
Road Master

Originally Posted by DreamBiker
I have a 2011 Heritage and, LOVE IT!!! Great ride, easy maneuvering and low center of gravity. More comfortable than ever now that I installed a "Grasshopper Ltd." backrest.

Link??

Old 08-07-2011, 01:51 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,774 Likes on 801 Posts
Old 08-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Mississippi Birdman
Cruiser

I will say this. I've got my name on one that's on order. It will be my first Harley and my first Heritage. After a couple different demo rides, I knew this was the bike for me. According to the 2012 brochure, the 2012 has the same weight as the 2011. I just hope the handling characteristics haven't changed with the 103 engine. For a bike of its size, the handling can't be beat. Neither can the styling. Oh, the wait..............

Old 08-07-2011, 05:53 PM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am 5'6" and the Heritage is the perfect bike for me also!

Mine is now 2 years old...I picked it up Sept 26th 2010 and never looked back!

Attached Thumbnails I really LOVE my Heritage!!-cimg0862.jpg  
Old 08-07-2011, 06:18 PM
rsarno
Road Master

Originally Posted by hdgzr
they make a riders backrest that will fit with my stock seat? Am i also able to keep the backseat on as well? or must it be removed?

Thanks!

Old 08-07-2011, 07:44 PM
SJ58
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hogowner69
I am 5'6" and the Heritage is the perfect bike for me also!

Mine is now 2 years old...I picked it up Sept 26th 2010 and never looked
back!
Damn, that's nice!

Old 08-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Several years ago a friend of mine bought a '01 Heritage. I rode it to a mutual friend's house who does work for us to add some new pipes and other chrome. To say the ride was different from that of my '93 Sportster was the understatement of the century. I wanted a Heritage ever since.

In Oct. 09 my beloved Sportster died and in Jan. 10 I found my '02 Heritage. I'm keeping it till the end of time!!!

*HD Chrome Solid rear wheel, HD 6 spoke on front.

Last edited by Mal74; 08-07-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:40 PM
BDX2
Advanced

Sweet Bike, Love the Rims.

Quick Reply: I really LOVE my Heritage!!