Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fishtails ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 03:51 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Fishtails ?????

I thought I'd pop over here to ask opinions on baffled fishtail slip ons since not many folks over on the touring board run them.

I am looking for that great fishtail sound without my ears ringing as well as I want to hear my radio while on the highway, hence the baffeled fishtails.

I would like to know quality, sound, any discoloation and your general opinion of these brands that have fishtails available for baggers.

Samson (they have Silver bullet and Cholo's whats better and why)
Bassani
BUB
Python
Vance and Hines
Cycle Shack

Kinda leaning towards BUBs or Vance and Hines because they have removable baffles (best of both worlds), but I have folks that gave me excellent feedback on the Samson's.

Thanks

Old 07-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

I have the V&H ones on my bike.

Put in their quiet baffle, still found them too loud and added the smartpartz baffle to it. Now sounds good (as far as I am concerned) stationary, reasonably quiet cruising and a nice bark when cracking throttle.

Excellent quality, pipes holding up very well, and no discoloration (have had them on the bike about 9 months now)

Old 07-29-2011, 09:52 PM
nele22
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion any fishtail is a good fishtail! Love those pipes.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:08 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah!!! i got the harley factory fishtail looking things on my RG..... i am thinking of just getting the cheap *** slipons off of ebay...

Old 07-30-2011, 07:13 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Samsons are the best in my opinion.

Cholos are Silver bullets only longer.

You can get a full system or slip ons only.

I like the unbaffled ones. If they are too loud you can add some cheap baffles to quiet them down, but you can't really remove the factory Samson baffles to make them louder.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:47 AM
harlanrider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have Vance and Hines. Love them.

Attached Thumbnails Fishtails ?????-img00516.jpg  
Old 07-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Pdiddy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about the others but check out freedom performance fishtails. They have removable baffles. I run non baffled samnsoms and they r really loud I luv the sound

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
I thought I'd pop over here to ask opinions on baffled fishtail slip ons since not many folks over on the touring board run them.

I am looking for that great fishtail sound without my ears ringing as well as I want to hear my radio while on the highway, hence the baffeled fishtails.

I would like to know quality, sound, any discoloation and your general opinion of these brands that have fishtails available for baggers.

Samson (they have Silver bullet and Cholo's whats better and why)
Bassani
BUB
Python
Vance and Hines
Cycle Shack

Kinda leaning towards BUBs or Vance and Hines because they have removable baffles (best of both worlds), but I have folks that gave me excellent feedback on the Samson's.

Thanks

Old 07-30-2011, 10:31 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm a Samson guy and always have been. I run the non baffled version as I am hooked on the deceleration sound. My buddy has Vance and Hines fishtails and swapped to Samson Cholo's and could not be happier.

Drew

Old 07-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Raddazzz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the baffled 33 inch samsons on my heritage. Very happy with the exhaust so far. Fit and finish is excellent, noise level was exactly what I wanted also. I Can hear radio and cruise all day....

Old 07-30-2011, 11:55 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default pipes

I have had both Vance and Hines and also now have Samson cho los 39 inch with baffles. I like the looks of the samson fish tail better then vance and hine which has a bigger opening the samson have more of a fishtail look. i like the sound better on my 39 in baffled samson pipes also. I wanted the samson because they had the look i wanted they sound great on my bike when i twist it they really come to life but when i want to just cruse past the law they get me by. no color discoloration the heat shield do a great job.I am very happy with the samson pipes and they have one of the biggest selections out there

Quick Reply: Fishtails ?????