Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&S 625 cams & heads

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:53 AM
WAhog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djl
I hope the build meets your exectations and, if it does, that's what counts. I don't doubt the mechanical ability of the guy turning the wrenches. But what concerned me was the target of 100/100 peak numbers and 80TQ at 2500 rpms. You just don't need long duration, hilift cams and a potentially noisy valve train to achieve that goal with 103". Please let us know how it works out.
I will definitely post back. I know they are trying not to promise something they can't be sure to deliver! The 100/100 is the minimum, and we're hoping for more than that. It will be what it'll be I guess but I know that my guy will be trying to wring the most HP&TQ that he can, and now I'm really hanging out to find out what the end result is!!

Old 08-10-2011, 05:14 PM
WAhog
Cruiser

Haven't ridden it yet but initial numbers seem promising 110 TQ and 105 HP, and that's just with an initial tune. The guys are still tuning so I'm looking forward to picking it up on Saturday!

Old 08-13-2011, 06:35 AM
WAhog
Cruiser
Default Dyno run

So here it is!

The bike runs smoothly, winds up faster and feels more responsive in every gear and accelerated 135mph very quickly and I was still in 5th and was still going strong but I ran out of road!

I know some will bang about the TQ not being high enough but seriously this is a great build. This thing pulls like a train and just keep on going!

My only minor issue is a decal pop when cutting the throttle suddenly at high revs but in normal riding it isn't an issue.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:33 AM
WAhog
Cruiser
Default Update

UPDATE: Love this bike! Absolutely hammers! The mid-range is unbelievably strong, seems to be getting better with some more kms on the clock. Roars through the gears, hits the rev limiter hard, felt the front lift off the road flicking between 3rd & 4th today going so hard, scared the crap out of me!

Yes I do like speed and if you dont approve then dont bother commenting!

Next mod is new front brakes!!

Old 09-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

STD numbers are meaningless for comparison, and usually result in the tuner looking good. That said, it does appear to be a solid tune... good power (relatively) under the curve, and the jaggedness is gone, indicating that it's not on the ragged edge of knocking due to too much advance or being too lean. Where's the AFR?

Old 09-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

As long as you're satisfied with the build, that's all that matters. Enjoy.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:25 PM
not2kool
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're happy, I'm happy! Ride Safe.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:30 PM
WAhog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky
STD numbers are meaningless for comparison, and usually result in the tuner looking good. That said, it does appear to be a solid tune... good power (relatively) under the curve, and the jaggedness is gone, indicating that it's not on the ragged edge of knocking due to too much advance or being too lean. Where's the AFR?
AFR = Air Fuel Ratio? What can I tell from that?

Its funny I happened to glance at the speedo yesterday as I was accelerating hard and the needle was moving so fast it looked like a tacho!

Old 09-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WAhog
AFR = Air Fuel Ratio? What can I tell from that?
Yes, air/fuel ratio. A straight line AFR doesn't just happen. Having that data would let you know the time and effort that the tuner put into the job. It's obviously not too lean, but it might be too rich in part of the RPM range... meaning you'de be wasting fuel and leaving power "on the table." At WOT, you want to see close to a straight line in the low 13.x:1 range.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Joker65
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WAhog
UPDATE: Love this bike! Absolutely hammers! The mid-range is unbelievably strong, seems to be getting better with some more kms on the clock. Roars through the gears, hits the rev limiter hard, felt the front lift off the road flicking between 3rd & 4th today going so hard, scared the crap out of me!

Yes I do like speed and if you dont approve then dont bother commenting!

Next mod is new front brakes!!

Glad you're happy with your build.... even if I am late to the party!!

Enjoy your upcoming riding season!