Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride With Out Full Face Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011 | 09:26 PM
Totally Bored
Road Captain

Black Shoei RF1100 love it.

I tried the 1/2 and 3/4 Harley style helmets for 3 years and hated it.

Old 07-30-2011 | 10:06 PM
whitelightning
Intermediate

Today was my first day with the half helmet. Usually I wear a variety of FF, but found the FF in conjunction with my windscreen produced intolerable buffeting. So, the 1/2 helmet is incrementally better in that regard, but now I have painful sunburn/windburn/bug strikes. Am I cooler? At 62 years old, I don't really give a ****. I still have my young boyish look after face planting half a dozen times in the past, all the while wearing FF helmets. So, once I cure the buffeting with aerodynamic aids, I'll probably return to the FF.

Old 07-30-2011 | 10:40 PM
FatBoyLarry
Cruiser

I usually roll w/ full body armour...

it can be a bitch though when you need to stop and take a leak...so I just pizz in the armour...

but now, the armour is rusting and I don't carry any WD-40 with me...

and there is chaffing...did I mention that?

crap, I think I'll just trade the bike in for a Civic. Do they come in Black Denim?

Old 07-30-2011 | 11:13 PM
av8or
Road Master

Maybe adding some more reflectors would help

Old 07-30-2011 | 11:41 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

Not a fan of a full faced helmets because they feel way too heavy on my head and are really uncomfortable. Feel claustrophobic in those things. With that said, however, I do like my HD White Lightening half helmet and thats what I always wear on the highway and even though Im in a no helmet state, I still prefer to wear the half helmet. That helmet along with the windshield and a good set of glasses has me pretty well protected from flying debris when riding at highway speeds. In town all of that stuff comes off and away I go on my HD convertible. Oh wait...now I'm getting into a different thread ;-)

Old 07-30-2011 | 11:45 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master

The very first meadow lark you swallow.....you'll become a believer. Keep the half lid, buy a quick release windshield.

Old 07-31-2011 | 12:04 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

OMG. Do we really need another helmet thread?

Old 07-31-2011 | 12:11 AM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

How can those of you take the heat of 100+ degree days with a FF helmet? It's all I can do just to wear a half helmet. My 3/4 helmet is out of the question when it is hot.

Old 07-31-2011 | 06:44 AM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by whitelightning
Today was my first day with the half helmet. Usually I wear a variety of FF, but found the FF in conjunction with my windscreen produced intolerable buffeting. So, the 1/2 helmet is incrementally better in that regard, but now I have painful sunburn/windburn/bug strikes. Am I cooler? At 62 years old, I don't really give a ****. I still have my young boyish look after face planting half a dozen times in the past, all the while wearing FF helmets. So, once I cure the buffeting with aerodynamic aids, I'll probably return to the FF.

get ya some chrome lowers. once i put those on, i can smoke a cig why at highway speeds and have watched ashes get sucked forward out over the shield and up in the air. i can actually feel the wind pushing on my back at times..

Old 07-31-2011 | 06:50 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned

Originally Posted by whitelightning
At 62 years old, I don't really give a ****. I still have my young boyish look
Yeah but it doesn't count when its 62 year old chicks telling you that........

Quick Reply: Long Ride With Out Full Face Helmet