Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride With Out Full Face Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011 | 01:37 AM
murd
Road Warrior

Screw the full face. Shut your mouth and ride. You'll love it!

Old 07-16-2011 | 03:05 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

Think about it, would a bandanna stop a rock from hurting? Come on, get a life. Ride the friggin thing.

Old 07-16-2011 | 03:23 AM
PearlWhiteGT
|
Road Captain

Thanks fellas, I'll rock my skull cap. Should be a fun ride.

Old 07-16-2011 | 10:32 AM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member

You will be fine with the skull cap for two hours. That is the only helmet that I have. I have done 8 hour days with it and ear plugs on the highway. With all of the construction on Texas highways, I would take the bandana for the dust.

Old 07-16-2011 | 10:55 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned

Originally Posted by PearlWhiteGT
Well some of my friends want to ride to an other city about 2 hours away. I was hoping that my full face helmet would have arrived but it hasn't. The only helmet I have right now is a skull cap type. I'm mostly worried about getting hit in the face with a rock or something. It's happened once & it sucked. Would a bandanna covering my face help at all? Any other ideas?
Spend more time riding and less time worrying....

Old 07-16-2011 | 12:14 PM
n2gzus
Road Captain

Originally Posted by NH Marcus
I think it depends if you believe in pre-destiny... Some days I wear my half helmet, but no helmet more often than not... No idea how I arrive at each decision!

It's funny you say that. I used to not wear a helmet but family and friends always gave me a hard time. So now, I wear my half helmet throughout the week and no helmet on the weekends...not sure how that works. lol

Old 07-16-2011 | 01:52 PM
AW SNAP
Advanced

I'm not a fan of wearing a helmet but when the temp drops below 60 I do use a bandanna just because the cold air at high speeds makes it tough to breath. BTW, 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms means there is a 70% chance that you will not see any rain. I like those odds!

Old 07-16-2011 | 06:59 PM
pnw_hd_rider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fierofly
No helmet is great till that big ol red wasp hits you between the eyes and gets stuck between your glasses and stings you twice in the nose before you can get him off all the while your headed for the side of the road and your whole face swells up like a unpopped zit. Just my past experience (1983 on a GS1100ES). I'll always ride with a FF.
So do you always keep the face shield down while riding? Even with a FF, you can catch a bug in the face if the face shield is up (or off). My wife had a wasp crawl inside her helmet while riding on the back and was stinging her on the ear until I got pulled over and she got the helmet off. Proper eye wear should keep any bugs from getting between your glasses and your face.

Personally, I don't like the restricted peripheral vision with a FF. I wear one if the temps are below 55 or so, but other than that I wear a shorty (the FF is mostly for snowmobile riding). I was raised in a 'free' state, and rode without a helmet my first few years of riding. During summer months I wouldn't wear a helmet at all on most rides if I didn't have to. I have a quick-detach windshield that I take off during summer months. If I didn't want the wind in my face I'd drive the car.

Old 07-16-2011 | 07:17 PM
Augustus
Advanced

Originally Posted by PearlWhiteGT
I have my old full face from when I use to ride sport bikes but it stinks like sweat. Haha... I bought that helmet like 6 years ago. I got hit in the face with a bug a couple of weeks ago & it actually broke the skin. Plus there is like a 30% chance of isolated thunder storms.
I heard wimmen find motor cycle enthusists with scars attractive.

Old 07-16-2011 | 10:08 PM
RDY2ROLL
Cruiser

Wear the bandanna, rocks and bugs wont hurt (as much anyway)

Quick Reply: Long Ride With Out Full Face Helmet