Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all Fat boy LO owners over 6 foot

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:44 AM
bcrdb
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 6'1" and my stock Lo fits me pretty well. I may be the only person who loves the stock bars. Forwards would be nice, but the floorboards allow me to shift my foot position around. I like the idea of moving the boards out with the HarleyGoodies floorboard extensions, but I don't want to lose any more cornering clearance.

Using the heel shifter is the only thing that is dysfunctional for me on the stock setup. I may try to rotate it downward, but it would probably hit the floorboard before it is low enough to be useful.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:56 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Same size as you and I did 16" RSD apes, stock seat, and mustache bar with some highway pegs. I'm comfy as f*ck and use the pegs everywhere I go and never use the floor boards unless I'm on a long ride and need to pull a switcheroo. Holy ***** $4k??? Black Hills HD wants 15,999 for a 2010 with 984 miles bone stock. But yea hit up AJ, he's like 6'7" and 350...he should be riding a Boss Hoss with an LS3 motor lol.

Last edited by DrWalkinboner; 07-11-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bcrdb
I'm 6'1" and my stock Lo fits me pretty well. I may be the only person who loves the stock bars. Forwards would be nice, but the floorboards allow me to shift my foot position around. I like the idea of moving the boards out with the HarleyGoodies floorboard extensions, but I don't want to lose any more cornering clearance.

Using the heel shifter is the only thing that is dysfunctional for me on the stock setup. I may try to rotate it downward, but it would probably hit the floorboard before it is low enough to be useful.
I have my heel shifter about as low as it will go. Made a huge difference for me. Now when going up thru the gears I heel shift then hold down on it until the next gear then let off and go down again. Now it seems that I hardly even lift my heel when up shifting.

Last edited by Misbehaven; 07-11-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:22 AM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HEMI Army
I'm 6'. I added the cycle visions CV-302. Moves the controls and boards forward 2 inches. Feels perfect now.
Ditto, I also added the HarleyGoodies extensions to move them out.

I have the stock Heritage crash bars on mine as well, although CycleVision will tell you that it won't work, all you need to do is drill a new lower mounting hole to give just a bit more front wheel clearance. I only add that so if you want a mustache bar or whiskers to add another highway cruise position you know its possible.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

6'2" with 18" apes and a crash bar with highway pegs, its pretty darn comfy for me.

My educated guess on why the price is so low is either it was purchased for a rental bike and nobody has ridden it (how I got a deal on mine, 10 miles on it and got it for 15k in 2010) or the fact that the 2012 bikes will be out soon and they will have a 103 motor in them.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:37 PM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Same size as you and I did 16" RSD apes, stock seat, and mustache bar with some highway pegs. I'm comfy as f*ck and use the pegs everywhere I go and never use the floor boards unless I'm on a long ride and need to pull a switcheroo. Holy ***** $4k??? Black Hills HD wants 15,999 for a 2010 with 984 miles bone stock. But yea hit up AJ, he's like 6'7" and 350...he should be riding a Boss Hoss with an LS3 motor lol.

Bwahahahahahahha..............

Yeah 6'7" 350 36" inseam. Only thing left is the 3" forwards. riding the scoot pictured below....

Old 07-11-2011, 01:38 PM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I have my heel shifter about as low as it will go. Made a huge difference for me. Now when going up thru the gears I heel shift then hold down on it until the next gear then let off and go down again. Now it seems that I hardly even lift my heel when up shifting.

I personally took my heel shifter off.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:51 PM
rollin_fatboy
Cruiser

Yeah I'm 6'2 and I'm good on it. I really liked the floorboards so I just put a crash bar and highway pegs on to stretch out. Sometime I'm just going to add about 2 inches to the heel shifter to get it off the floorboard and give my foot*size 14* more room.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:08 AM
gunsmoke1776
Stage IV

I'm 6ft even and I find the bike pertty uncomfortable after a short time. Mostly I think it is the bars pulling me too far forward. BR's Custom Bars is making me a set of ape hangers and I think that is going to help alot. I also put on a crash bar and pegs. That helps alot. I won't move my foot boards because I drag them alot already. This is my first Harley so, I'm trying to figure it all out too.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chromefatty
My buddy is looking for a new bike so we headed to the dealer today and (shocker) I found a bike I wanted. They have a 2010 fat boy lo with 98 miles for $4,000 less than a new one. I currently have a 99 fat boy with extended controls. I would like some insight from some taller riders on comfort and what mods you've done to make it more comfortable for you height. I love the idea of all the options out there for a 2010 from HD and other companies. I know the stock bars would have to go but I'm looking for some thoughts on your comfort. BTW I am 6'2" with 34" inseam. THANKS
I am only 5'11", but have a 34" inseam, if that counts.

I did:
HD forward controls,
Arlen Ness 3" extensions
6.5" HD pullback risers
Sundowner Seat

Quick Reply: Calling all Fat boy LO owners over 6 foot