Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Wright Wheels is a Stand Up Company!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 02:11 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Kudos to a company for standing behind their product. Its a rare thing these days.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sam went out of his way to help me out when I got my Ride Wrights! I couldn't believe how well they took care of me and my issue! Wherever I go and someone asks about my wheels, I proudly tell them their Ride Wrights from California!

Old 07-09-2011, 01:16 AM
looneytune
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

They totally take care of my problem also. They made me a new wheel and ordered and mounted the tire within days. They exchanged my wheel and tire in less than 2 weeks shipping it from California to New York. I'm happy Peg was taken care of the same way I was.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:53 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I always tell everyone that this is the reason I sell Ride Wrights and not DNA's. Nothing against DNA here as I prefer not to bash anyone, but I need a company that is going to stand behind it's products in case there should be an issue other wise I get left holding the bag. If a company leaves me without any way to resolve a possible issue, it is pointless for me to sell their stuff as I will spend massive amounts of time and money trying to solve a problem that could have been avoided in the first place should I have chosen the right companies products to sell.

It is not worth my time or the extremely small profit that I make on a set of wheels to sell them should this happen, especially if the company makes it difficult to get a product fixed or replaced after the initial sale. Props to Sam as he takes care of business and my personal experience with varying manufacturers has differed greatly.

It is a pleasure doing business with RW every time.

Drew

Old 07-09-2011, 08:32 AM
looneytune
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I always tell everyone that this is the reason I sell Ride Wrights and not DNA's. Nothing against DNA here as I prefer not to bash anyone, but I need a company that is going to stand behind it's products in case there should be an issue other wise I get left holding the bag. If a company leaves me without any way to resolve a possible issue, it is pointless for me to sell their stuff as I will spend massive amounts of time and money trying to solve a problem that could have been avoided in the first place should I have chosen the right companies products to sell.

It is not worth my time or the extremely small profit that I make on a set of wheels to sell them should this happen, especially if the company makes it difficult to get a product fixed or replaced after the initial sale. Props to Sam as he takes care of business and my personal experience with varying manufacturers has differed greatly.

It is a pleasure doing business with RW every time.

Drew
It also must be nice that Ride Wright took care of my problem without alot of involvement from you.
I ordered the wheels and tires through DR. V-TWIN. Once I discovered the issue and contacted Shawn at DR. V-TWIN, he put me in direct contact with Danielle at Ride Wright. She took over and after a few phone calls with her and a tech, I had a new wheel and tire on it's way to me. It must be nice for DR. V-TWIN that his vendor took the problem off his hands so he could concentrate on his other customers.
I didn't have a quality issue with my wheel, just for clairfication purposes. I tried to install a larger than stock tire on the bike and we couldn't make it fit without changing the belt width. After talking with the tech at Ride Wright, we decided the best thing to do was replace the wheel and tire. They had to order the tire I requested, build me a stock replacement wheel, and had it shipped across the country in less than 2 weeks. They paid all shipping costs, and even upgraded the shipping back which took only 3 days.
I was ready to go in with with a bad attitude, but after a few email exchanges with Danielle after business hours assuring me they would take care of all problems, she called me first thing in the morning the next day. All problems resolved. Customer service doesn't get that much better than that!

Last edited by looneytune; 07-09-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:48 AM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

OK I'm a girl and I'm allowed to cry.

I just got the bike back late last night - with the repair wheel back on. Was supposed to enter it in the Boston show in a few hours.

This morning I noticed the repaired wheel's tire looking low. Took the valve stem cap off to check the pressure, and the valve stem is leaking big time. Can't get it to stop.

I'm not kidding, I am in tears. My husband is in the garage, having a screaming fit of frustration.

I'm putting the bike up for sale. That's it.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you running tubes? Or tubeless?

Old 07-09-2011, 09:55 AM
looneytune
Cruiser

I know you're really upset now, but is it leaking through the valve stem, or around it? It might just be a piece of crap caught in the valve core. Try and remove the core, clean it, and re-inflate the tire. If you don't have a valve core removal tool, go to any atuo parts store and get one, they are only a few bucks. If it still leaks, take the core out and go back to the parts store and buy a new valve core. That may solve the problem for less than $10. If it's leaking around the valve stem, then you have other issues. Try and stay calm and maybe it's an easy fix. I know how upset you must be though.

Last edited by looneytune; 07-09-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:57 AM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Just got back from the hardware store, bought the valve stem tool. Also, called Sam at Ride Wright. He walked me through what to try, just like you guys wrote here.

Will post in a little while what happens.

It's that black cloud that follows me, I'm tellin ya..............

Old 07-09-2011, 10:02 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by studiopeg
I'm putting the bike up for sale. That's it.
Oh no! That sux. Hopefully your just angry as anger will pass overtime. Selling that gem would be a tragedy (except to the buyer) of biblical proportions. Its a gorgeous custom that you built and designed. Its the only one in the world like it and dumping it over wheels will be a regrettable decision. Both my wife and myself adore that motorcycle and we hope you keep it and work out these issues. Best of luck!

Quick Reply: Ride Wright Wheels is a Stand Up Company!