Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How soon after were you riding again?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Tracker56
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I had my heart attack five years ago, open heart surgery w/6 bypasses. Back to work without restrictions after 8 weeks. Everyone's different, listen to the cardiologist and do everything the therapist tells you to do and you'll be back on your feet as soon as possible. Good luck!!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:29 AM
jharanin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hats off to Tracker, Teamster, The Troupe and Runhard...you guys are my inspiration...hell what I had was a scratch compared to what some of you guys went thru...glad to hear you all made a recovery...looking forward to being part of your elite club...ride safe.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:48 PM
teamstersteward
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jharanin
Hats off to Tracker, Teamster, The Troupe and Runhard...you guys are my inspiration...hell what I had was a scratch compared to what some of you guys went thru...glad to hear you all made a recovery...looking forward to being part of your elite club...ride safe.
I now have a zipper down my chest and down my leg makes it easier to open me up and attach the jumper cables.hahahahahahahahahaha
all kiddin aside take care and follow them orders from the doc.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:18 AM
TW
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I had a stent put in last Thursday afternoon after coming back to work from lunch with what I thought was indigestion. Turns out my RCA was 100% blocked. I feel pretty good now (just a little weak), but my doc said 3-4 weeks before riding.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:29 AM
kzoo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my 3rd heart attack on July 4, 2011 RCA 100% blockage. Stent placed (after some struggle). Cardiologist said 3-4 weeks depending on how I felt. Rode to my 1 month follow up. However, first heart attack did a lot of damage and I was rehabbing for an entire summer, so missed out completely on that season. Listen to the doc, take your meds, dont get upset, do your rehab and it will be fine.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:08 AM
TW
Road Master

Did the blood pressure medication leave you feeling tired?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:58 PM
jharanin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know if it's the blood pressure meds or a combitnation of all the other meds...but yes it definitely slows you down.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

****. Scary topic. Hats off to all you guys. My gpa passed when he was 55 from a blood clot and my Dad was also knocked down at the same age but he has since recovered. I have always been very aware of a possible predisposition for a problem. I get up at 4:05 every morning and run the elliptical and lift weights followed by the relaxing sauna. I believe I am lowering my chances by staying moving and eating right. However, you never know what's around the corner or how our bodies will sabotage us as we age. Good to hear the success stories in here. Stay healthy bros.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Hearty

Well I didn't have a heart attack but went in for a routine D.O.T physical and the Dr. sent me directly to a cardioligist for an angiogram. That didn't turn out well cause he said you need open heart surgery. Layed on the slab and blubbered for awhile with my Wife and asked when they wanted to do it. Claimed they didn't want me to leave so the next afternoon at three went under the knife for 6 1/2 hrs. Seven bypasses later felt like Freddy Kruger had got ahold of me. Got home a week later and had two bikes I had bought at a bankruptsy auction sitting there needing help. When the wife wasn't looking fixed a few oil leaks on an 03 Heritage and changed the fluids over the course of a few weeks. Weak as a kitten so couldn't do much at any one time. Middle of July(month later) I couldn't stand it anymore so took it for a ride. Caught hell from the Wife but enjoyed the breeze. It's now amost two years later but still haven't the strength I had before. Just take things slower now days. Did trade in my Road Glide for a Fatboy Lo cause I liked the Heritage I fixed up and sold so well.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:55 AM
TW
Road Master

I guess it's just normal then. Tomorrow marks a week since my procedure. I don't follow up again with the Doc until 3-5. Haven't had a cigarette since my MI happened, so at least I got that going for me.

Thanks for the info everyone.
Good to hear from people who've been through it.

Quick Reply: How soon after were you riding again?