Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom earmolds

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 12:09 PM
luvtoride
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default custom earmolds

Has anyone here had any custom earmolds done that your ipod earbuds would clip into? I love listening while I ride but its useless over about 50 mph. I think a custom earmold would reduce ambient noise down to a level you could enjoy the music. What say you?

Old 07-02-2011, 12:16 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to a local HearX store and had them make some for me. I don't think HearX is in TN, but any hearing aid center should be able to do it. Just tell them what you want. I think she charged me $60 or so but it was well work it. It removes all of the background white noise from traffic and the motor.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:16 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be interested in this as well.

I found that some ear buds have holes and some do not. I purchased a new set that have a little hole in them and they are basically useless because of wind noise coming through this hole. I have a set of Skull Candy ear buds that are "sealed" and they do a pretty good job.

EDIT: I'm am of course talking about the type ear buds that fit into the ear not the IPOD style buds.

Last edited by harleyheaven; 07-02-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:15 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a set of the RaceQuiet Earbuds and love em. They can get a tad uncomfortable after hours of continuous wear, but it's not unbearable. I ride with no windshield and have done long trips with speeds over 90 and still could hear the music fine.

Here's another site to check out, here, they have a ton of ear protection and sound isolating earbuds. Browse around the site a bit, I get all my hearing protection from them. Good prices and service.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

And for the more enterprising (and cheap) among us, you can make your own: http://www.howtogeek.com/57481/how-t...-ear-monitors/

Old 07-02-2011, 01:55 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
And for the more enterprising (and cheap) among us, you can make your own: http://www.howtogeek.com/57481/how-t...-ear-monitors/
That's interesting...I may try this myself. Did you do this, and if so, how did they turn out?

Old 07-02-2011, 02:37 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

My buddy got some in Laughlin that come with speakers and he loves them. I got some beats by Dr. Dre and they rock all the way to 100 mph without a shield, not that I would ever ride that fast.

http://www.beatsbydre.com/

Drew

Old 07-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyheaven
That's interesting...I may try this myself. Did you do this, and if so, how did they turn out?
I havent, I'm waiting for you to do it.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:28 PM
luvtoride
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the links and ideas...thats why I like this site so much.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried the "Homemade" version. I used the same brand ear molds, but I used some cheap earbuds from Best Buy. It didn't turn out well. I was unable to even use them. I would definitely put something into the end of the earbuds, because mine now make a crinkling sound when I push them into my ears. I guess it messed up the cone of the speaker. They still work great, with the exception of that noise. I am curious to see what others are using. I did find one good site, but they are a little pricey. Check out www.earinc.com

Quick Reply: custom earmolds