Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why, did HD stop making the Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 07:46 PM
turd fergussen
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

too expensive...

Old 06-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by turd fergussen
too expensive...
Many looking in that price range, went with a touring bike or looked at a cheaper model.

Both of my bikes were bought the year they first released that model and came with a matching painted frame.
I wouldn't trade them for any other bike. I wouldn't mind adding a 1957 pan to the collection though.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:22 AM
BudCle
Intermediate

I agree Kowan.. I wouldn't trade mine for anything.. They have a unique look and always stand out. I always get compliments and people asking what it is.. I will always keep this and add others to my collection..

Old 06-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Reb DEATH
Cruiser

I think they are only for a select few. I think you have to have a "solo" (no passengers) mentality. I also think that they are ugly when they are bone stock. However, I think they are a great chopper platform to make something really kick *** like Micahpop's bike. That is why I bought mine. I looked past the stock look and saw something that I wanted it to be.

However, the transition isn't cheap so it will be a while before I have it done the way I want it. It is coming along well though.

But....I would not pay the retail price for this bike though. Too damn much money to add to it to get it the way I wanted. Had I not gotten a good deal, I would have went with another softail.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:36 AM
Jaburg1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The design of the Rocker is no more radical, and maybe less so, than the V-Rod, and the V-Rod sells well even though they started very slowly. I love to ride solo and I even looked at the Rocker as an option, but they didn't fit me well and I really wanted a Springer. We'll never know the reason why they discontinued the Rocker, but my guess is that there are many parts on the Rocker made specifically for the Rocker and no other Harley, and that production costs outweighed the profitability margin. Parts versatility plays a big role in manufacturing, and the Rocker and the Springer don't exchange as well as some of the other models.

But, I just sit on the porch pickin' my banjo and these issues are beyond my understanding !

Old 06-30-2011, 06:40 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default rocker

bottom line is always the bucks they just were not selling enough of them to make the profits they would like to see its always about the bucks

Old 06-30-2011, 10:38 AM
bubbabear
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Because of the 10 people who actually liked them, only 4 bought one.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:12 PM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree mine is so ugly, I can't find it, because so many people are standing around it
and telling me how awsome they think it is.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:49 PM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

They overpriced em. The Rocker C is something like $3500 more than a Road King this year. It's like $4500 more than the Wide Glide if I recall correctly. But I guess the Rocker is more expensive to manufacture, or the development cost was really high.

Still love mine, but I got it used for way under new price.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Mathis
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by aviator
purely for financial reasons. MOCO is in the business to make money for their investors.
Agreed. Companies usually don't discontinue a product if it's making them money, assuming they can still acquire all the necessary materials. In this case, I would assume the sales weren't high enough to justify production.

Last edited by Mathis; 06-30-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Why, did HD stop making the Rocker C