Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why, did HD stop making the Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 09:36 AM
bigalturk1
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sildmount... NO!

Re: Solid mount...

Originally from R.I. (Now near Daytona), I can't see anything made to "Solid mount" on a m/c to last... Especially on those "Northern" bad roads!
I remember riding my new (72') Sportster home after the 500 mile initial check, upon arrival I had to have my kid brother get a cinder block to support the Bike... The Kickstand (Jiffy-stand) fell off somewhere in that 20 mile ride!

Old 06-01-2015, 12:37 PM
mayhemmaster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer up the Road still has a 08 Sitting in front Window

Old 06-18-2015, 08:16 AM
Dharn55
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigalturk1
Re: Solid mount...
I remember riding my new (72') Sportster home after the 500 mile initial check, upon arrival I had to have my kid brother get a cinder block to support the Bike... The Kickstand (Jiffy-stand) fell off somewhere in that 20 mile ride!
Oh those were the days. I had a '73 Sportster that rode rode across the country. Lot's of fun but I carried duct tape and bailing wire with me. AMF was unkind to Harley.

As for the Rocker it must have been a combination of low sales and high productiuon costs. Development costs may have been high but those are sunk costs, cutting production out does not help with those costs.

Old 12-25-2015, 01:02 PM
Cliffy Amo
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default the stopped making the Rocker C to tweak it and call it the Breakout!

The Rocker C was a little ahead of its time! A few tweaks and its back on sale and called a Breakout!
I ride one around the beautiful island of Cyprus and after changing out the seat for a Rocker standard seat and a Vance and Hines pipe and K & N air filter the bike runs great and handles superbly just check out some of our rides with the Harley Davidson club of Cyprus. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwS...njWpFestg9U77g

Old 12-25-2015, 01:50 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Some may remember this one. With some help from Pete at Rocket Bobs I think this one came out ace! 20,000 views and 126 comments,it pretty much speaks for its self.I love it when people call a particular model "ugly"

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...blackline.html

Old 12-25-2015, 02:36 PM
duluth
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Harley just made enough for the really cool people

Old 12-25-2015, 02:41 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 10,314 Likes on 5,477 Posts

They did not sell

Old 12-25-2015, 03:30 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliffy Amo
The Rocker C was a little ahead of its time! A few tweaks and its back on sale and called a Breakout!
I ride one around the beautiful island of Cyprus and after changing out the seat for a Rocker standard seat and a Vance and Hines pipe and K & N air filter the bike runs great and handles superbly just check out some of our rides with the Harley Davidson club of Cyprus. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwS...njWpFestg9U77g
Wait! The BO also have the fender mounted to the swing arm? That I didn't know.

Originally Posted by HrdNox
Some may remember this one. With some help from Pete at Rocket Bobs I think this one came out ace! 20,000 views and 126 comments,it pretty much speaks for its self.I love it when people call a particular model "ugly"

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...blackline.html
Looks like Ink's bike.

Why did HD stop sellin the Rocker?
Low sales was definitely a motivator. But that alone wouldn't be enough to pull the plug knowing they would suffer a huge loss on production cost... Unless there was more $$ to be made by such. And that's what Imma gonna guess

Old 12-25-2015, 03:44 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,634 Likes on 1,179 Posts

Doesn't seem to me that the swingarm mounted fender is such a bad idea. I had a '91 FXST/C, and the gap between the top of the rear tire & the fender made it look like a motocross bike. The only solution was to lower the back end, leaving me with like 1" of travel.

Now I have a Limited Low with a whole 2" lol

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 12-25-2015, 06:38 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 931 Likes on 573 Posts

I collect all families of HD's. From a Street 750 to RGC CVO Ultra to a trike.

I would not even give a rocker a second look. No way would I pollute the works of art the other HD's are with one sitting besides them in the garage.

Sorry, but I just had to say that. HD is my love but some times even HD can make a mistake. Well maybe two the other is the Switch back.

Quick Reply: Why, did HD stop making the Rocker C