Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MetalArts horn problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my horn through them on ebay. I had to start a dispute to get them to actually ship it out.
Ordered another product from them and had to email them about the delay.

Good products, but I'd look elsewhere if you expect it in a timely manner.
Procrastinator taken to the next level...

Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Greg755
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the 8th has come and gone and still no horns. I guess these guys dont care about their customers or their reputation... SO it is off to court we go.. I will keep you updated...

Old 07-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Greg755
Cruiser

Well I filed a complaint with My local sheriff's office yesterday.
They in turn called the Countys Sheriff in CA and they sent a cop out to metal arts yesterday.
They are out of business and the new owners of the property are making a restaurant out of the building. The CA police have had several complaints and will be looking for Les and Frank Brown..
In the meantime the local police here will be issuing a warrant as well.
I have contacted ebay and Pay Pal about their criminal activity and will be working to get their accounts closed. I will also google every blog/biker post to convey this story. If you have a site/blog you are on please let me know so I can share the news. If you have an ebay member number please report them as well, also I will contact every person on eBay that sells their product to let them know whats going on.
In the meantime I have an appointment with The State DA to press Civil charges and They have instructed me to talk to the FBI to issue wire fraud charges as well. You think these guys would just send me the $279.00 back...

Old 07-12-2011, 12:50 PM
meatsack
Banned

That is SO f*cked... Isn't their website still up and taking orders?

Bust their ***** as hard as you can. Keep up posted.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Greg755
Cruiser

Today at 140 pm (940 am their time) I got a call from Les.
He told me the horns are done at the powder coater and that they are putting on the clear coat and he assured me I would be happy with them, he said he will call me tomorrow or the next day with a tracking number.

He told me his father passed away a little while ago and that he was really sorry for the delay. I am sorry to hear that a family has lost their father so suddenly.

I told him I would put the brakes on my legal pursuit for now and when the horns get here I would call the authorities and drop any further legal action.

I am glad that he finally called me, just wish I didnt have to go to such extremes to get this problem solved. If the horns come out as good as he says I will write a positive review, either way I will keep all of you up dated....

Last edited by Greg755; 07-12-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 PM
mcpastor
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also had problems with MetalArts and dealing with Les. After placing an order, I cancelled my order after an extended delay due to "chrome supplier" issues. After repeated attempts to communicate with Les, with broken promises or no reply at all, I had to file a PayPal dispute to get my money back. A word to the wise. I finally got a MetalArts horn, but it was one I found preowned on Craig's List.

Last edited by mcpastor; 07-12-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:06 PM
dfndr
Road Master

That kind of business is just terrible. There are so many great vendors doing business here and these guys seem to repeatedly do this type of thing. I was looking for a.horn several months ago and a search on this forum prevented.me from suffering the heartache you had to go through. As far as I'm concerned, I'd never do business with an outfit like this.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:28 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

mark.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:15 AM
meatsack
Banned

Originally Posted by av8or
mark-o.
Polo...

Old 07-13-2011, 03:38 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

go thru with it, what about the shop closing etc?? sounds like a crooked setup to me!only reason your getting it is because your a bulldog

Quick Reply: MetalArts horn problem