Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do next....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011 | 07:38 PM
Dustmaker
|
Club Member
Default What to do next....

OK, I have been going thru a divorce for over 3 years now, and it don't look like I can see an end to it anytime soon! I have been savin to buy an used Ultra or Street Glide, but can't buy either until the divorce is finalized.

So I think it is time to do something with my Softail! Just not sure which way to go yet??? Thinkin maybe stretched bags and a fat rear fender??? Maybe some new wheels too, 23 or 26 incher ??? I do have a big bore kit and heads ready to install to, but they need to be diamond cut first.

No matter what direction I go, I am going to be sellin off some of my goodies like the tour pak, a couple stock seats and passenger pillions, and even my Heritage Springer seat with chrome studs that I made up.

So tell me how to spend some of this cash burnin holes in my pockets!

Thanks!

Jimmy

Old 06-27-2011 | 07:41 PM
user 37474839
Banned

JMHO opinion but your bike looks great as it is, stick that in a bank account until the dust settles.

Old 06-27-2011 | 07:49 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member

hell ya bro looks awesome makes me want to paint my bike white

Old 06-27-2011 | 07:53 PM
Glidedsternfan
Road Captain
Default Better yet

bury that cash in a mason jar till everything is settled.
Don't forget to make a map.

Old 06-27-2011 | 08:42 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

yeah your sig bike looks awesome as it is, but out of curiousity, what passenger pillions do you have? and would they fit a FLSTFB?

I don't know about illinois..but here in Jersey, no matter what the reason for the divorce is, the woman gets 51% of everything. The law is biased and was written in 1954, and apparently it's not important enough to update, so people like my dad keep getting hosed by damn women. sorry to hear you've been going through it for this long.

Old 06-27-2011 | 09:13 PM
Dustmaker
|
Club Member

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
yeah your sig bike looks awesome as it is, but out of curiousity, what passenger pillions do you have? and would they fit a FLSTFB?

I don't know about illinois..but here in Jersey, no matter what the reason for the divorce is, the woman gets 51% of everything. The law is biased and was written in 1954, and apparently it's not important enough to update, so people like my dad keep getting hosed by damn women. sorry to hear you've been going through it for this long.
Sgt, sent ya an email on the pillions...

Here in ILL they pretty much get EVERYTHING they want. I have gave up on the house to keep all of my toys, but she still isn't happy....lol

Old 06-27-2011 | 09:22 PM
Hippiebeads
Tourer

Hide the money and use it for your next ride.Very nice lookin scoot,put a passenger pad on it and spend some of the money on the ladies.(lol)Ride safe.

Old 06-27-2011 | 09:41 PM
Dustmaker
|
Club Member

Originally Posted by Hippiebeads
Hide the money and use it for your next ride.Very nice lookin scoot,put a passenger pad on it and spend some of the money on the ladies.(lol)Ride safe.
LOL....my girlfriend dont think that is such a good idea, unless I want to be solo for good

I do have the Heritage Springer pillion and wrap around backrest like on my seat. I also have the Heritage bags, Tour Pak, and a fairing with tunes....and of course a remote for the radio for the gf to be able to listen to what she wants...

Jimmy

Old 06-27-2011 | 10:26 PM
t stone
Road Master

Originally Posted by Glidedsternfan
bury that cash in a mason jar till everything is settled.
Don't forget to make a map.
x2. instead of a map use the GPS. Hide the $$$ or the ex will get it.

Stone

Old 06-27-2011 | 10:57 PM
Dustmaker
|
Club Member

Originally Posted by t stone
x2. instead of a map use the GPS. Hide the $$$ or the ex will get it.

Stone
I am pretty safe with my cash....judge says I can not purchase any vehicles or houses....I asked about parts to "FIX" my bike, boat, or truck, and she said that I can do that. She is already gettin her share of my weekly pay check and child support, so the cash I have is mine to spend now....but its not like I have all that much...lol

Jimmy

Quick Reply: What to do next....