Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's what I like about the Windvest windshield...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 04:54 PM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,879 Likes on 1,219 Posts
Default Here's what I like about the Windvest windshield...

You can barely tell it's there!

Attached Thumbnails Here's what I like about the Windvest windshield...-0-harley-with-16-inch-windvest-049.jpg   Here's what I like about the Windvest windshield...-0-harley-with-16-inch-windvest-042.jpg  
Old 06-23-2011, 04:57 PM
yellowpearlfb
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have to agree. I have a 14" clear one and I think it works well also.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Jeffinburlington
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i can understand and appreciate both of those comments on the windvest. im waiting for a 14" (im 5'8", lowered the rear end and have a le pera seat) tinted for my night train which, when i have to ride a major highway at 70mph to get to the roads i really want to ride, is gonna be a welcomed relief from riding 1000 miles over a couple of days.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:27 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

I've been running a Wind Vest for a couple years a have been very happy with it.

That having been said.....Long Ride Shields is currently designing a shield for my Fl Springer (they currently only make replacement shields for Touring models) and should have it ready by mid July. They have been working on the design for a few months now and I'm really excited about getting, and trying it out.

After I have a chance to do some "real world riding" with a couple of different designs and give them some feedback, they are planning to produce and market them for Softail, Dyna, and I believe Sprotsers as well.

I'll let you all know what I think after I've punched some holes in the air with them.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:40 PM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,879 Likes on 1,219 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
I've been running a Wind Vest for a couple years a have been very happy with it.

That having been said.....Long Ride Shields is currently designing a shield for my Fl Springer (they currently only make replacement shields for Touring models) and should have it ready by mid July. They have been working on the design for a few months now and I'm really excited about getting, and trying it out.

After I have a chance to do some "real world riding" with a couple of different designs and give them some feedback, they are planning to produce and market them for Softail, Dyna, and I believe Sprotsers as well.

I'll let you all know what I think after I've punched some holes in the air with them.
I'd be interested in what you find out...

Old 06-23-2011, 08:18 PM
FatVermonter
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those of you with the Wind Vests.... I was looking at the gallery on their website, and it seems like the screen allows for lots of air to come up under it over the headlamp. Is that the case?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Deadwood Dick
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple of questions for you Wind Vesters. Does it have a quick-disconnect feature? And if so, is it similar to the HD mounting system?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:02 PM
TheNameIs"B"
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 14" clear and it is much better than the buffeting from the quick detach Harley shield I sold. Depending on how it mounts to your bike, it can be adjusted up down and tilted to and from you. With my Street slammers it can only be raised and lowered, but the bigger gap between the headlight the more the wind goes over my head and not in my eyes.

They are not "quick detach", but it takes about 3 minutes to take off.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:22 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the quick detach note, I have a Clearview shield and it is a direct fit replacement for stock HD windshields and quick detach HD mounting hardware. You can also use rain-X on it for what it's worth. I'm not in any way affiliated with them, just have one and like it.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:56 PM
gotflexxj
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheNameIs"B"
I have the 14" clear and it is much better than the buffeting from the quick detach Harley shield I sold. Depending on how it mounts to your bike, it can be adjusted up down and tilted to and from you. With my Street slammers it can only be raised and lowered, but the bigger gap between the headlight the more the wind goes over my head and not in my eyes.

They are not "quick detach", but it takes about 3 minutes to take off.
B do you have any pics of it on your night train I ride one and really want a windshield probably a wind vest but dont want the looks of a full sized one.

thanks

Quick Reply: Here's what I like about the Windvest windshield...